Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Default Bangkok Travel Agents

Has anyone got any recommendations for BKK travel agent?

I want to get a quote for a BKK-LHR flight on Thai Airways for the end of May, valid for 3 months, changeable return date, full "miles" (I want to book Thai because I most probably will be returning with the GF...and have a frequent flyer card)

I got a quote from Saveflights - 47,000 baht....ouch.

Also, can I book and pay for a flight in the UK, and pay in cash to solve any possible "credit card holder not present" issues?

Many thanks.

Nick

Saveflights

Try other airlines Mol flew back on EVA last month and she reckoned they have greatly improved their cattle class.
    Last edited by Tobias; 5th Apr 2010 at 15:44. Reason: Corrected BB Code

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    Saveflights

Try other airlines Mol flew back on EVA last month and she reckoned they have greatly improved their cattle class.
    I'd like to...but I want to get my Thai gold card and free flight!

Nick

P.S. I still haven't worked out how to add "emoticons"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prioritypress View Post

I want to get a quote for a BKK-LHR flight on Thai Airways for the end of May, valid for 3 months, changeable return date, full "miles" (I want to book Thai because I most probably will be returning with the GF...and have a frequent flyer card)

Also, can I book and pay for a flight in the UK, and pay in cash to solve any possible "credit card holder not present" issues?

Many thanks.

Nick
    Nick, try this firm http://www.moxtravel.com/default.aspx . I've not used them (yet), but know others who have. I'm looking at flights BKK/LHR/BKK in June/July and their quotes are consistently cheaper than many others I've tried. I've just looked at flights around the dates you mention and for BKK/LHR 27 May - LHR/BKK 25 August they are quoting B30,920 (Jet) and B36,065 (Eva) all taxes included. Thai was B44,600 but still worth a look?
    Last edited by Phetchy; 6th Apr 2010 at 02:59. Reason: Additional info

Thumbs up

looks impressive

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prioritypress View Post

Many thanks.

Nick

I used moxtravel after visits to three agents last week. Ist agent been around 40 years told me cheapest price 42k, next one offered flights on days I did not want to go, her cheapest was 38k, I asked for a cheaper one and got 36k! When I asked about jet air she said she did not think they were cheaper, without looking. Third agent gave 38k, asked about jet air and reluctantly she told me 32k- good I will book that then. Cannot book was her reply all full, ok then I asked give me the first day they have a seat-tap tap tap then in the computer says no attitude she said they are always full! Went home and booked the next day on the web with moxtravel no problems at all for just over 31k. Agents here in bkk are a joke

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Quote Originally Posted by Phetchabun expat View Post
    Many thanks.

Nick

I recently travelled to Thailand to return with step daughter, it worked out cheaper to book in UK, my return & her ticket booked via westeast travel & flew on thai air, no hassels & cheaper than Thai price

Blog Entries

Nick, just been checking a few sites and found that EVA are doing "specials" that seem to fit in with your dates. http://www.evaair.com/NR/exeres/4A2E...1A26DE9803.htm

Blog Entries

Nick, just been checking a few sites and found that EVA are doing "specials" that seem to fit in with your dates. http://www.evaair.com/NR/exeres/4A2E...1A26DE9803.htm
    Just tried a "test" booking via the link. Not all dates are available, but I got a flight for 21 June out - 19 July back, 2 seats, available for 36,100pp inc tax. 3 month ticket is 2,000 baht more. Not bad for a direct flight when all the usual search engines are quoting £600+ for stopovers in some fairly dingy airports or £750+ direct? As I am paying in baht, the crap exchange rate (hence high prices when agents/airlines quote £s) makes no difference.

Hi Phil,

I just found this thread and your post through a search and I'm looking at moxtravel now. They look great, I like the prices and the variety of payment options. Nice one, thanks for sharing your knowledge mate.