Uk Settlement - Spouse visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Settlement - Spouse visa.

Hello. I will soon be applying for a settlement-spouse visa. Any tips or info that anyone can offer, anyone else completed on of these recently? Thank you.

Have you read 'How to Obtain a Settlement Visa for the UK (Revised July 2012)' above? It's full of 'tips' and info.

I see it was last revised in 2012 and Mrs FM and I did our settlement visa in Bangkok in 2016 so some things may have changed.

If you have any specific points you need checking then list them and post them here, and maybe someone will be able to help.

Comment

Migrate site has a good step by step for guidance https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa-uk-2018/

Comment

Yep me too paradiseman.
        I'm going to apply for my wife and I when my contract finished here in Thailand in August - luckily we'll have been married 2 years then.
        Loads to read - arhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Valentino View Post
          Loads to read - arhh!
          True, but you have to start somewhere!

Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I have read through the info here already on this, but as you pointed out its not up to date, i am really hoping to connect with people who have gone through the process or are going through, as this always sheds a real-world view as apposed to what info is available to read. Still hopeful.. Thank you

Comment

not done it recently but i used a siam legal and there still in business 16 years on iam a Yorkshire lad so dont like spending more then i have to but there service if i remember really helped me sort out a shed load of stuff
              good news where still Together my wife and son have dual nationality and are 17 year old son is in the royal navy
              good look to you both

Comment

Thanks Fruitman and thanks lokjit for the Migrate website. Paid £285 for the DIY package and everything seems a lot clearer now especially now that I can satisfy the maximum savings requirement given I won't have a job to go back to, with our lass.
                Already spoken to Jason from Migrate who went above and beyond helping me with the million questions I had.
                Looking like as I finish working here in Thailand in June is when we apply for the visa. Will pay the extra for priority service which will bring the agonising wait down from 3 months to 6 weeks. Arhhhhhh!
                Happy New Year guys and let's see what 2022 brings us eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Valentino View Post
                  Yep me too paradiseman.
                  I'm going to apply for my wife and I when my contract finished here in Thailand in August - luckily we'll have been married 2 years then.
                  Loads to read - arhh!
                  Yeah finding more and more info on that Migrate.co.uk website and the latest is that we don't have to be married for years before we apply. That is only applicable to couples who are not married.

Another significant point is that you can take any savings you have here into the calculation for the spouse visa, not just what you have in back home.

Yet another, is the importance of just how misleading the online applications questions can be (and yes more money) however, I'll pay for Migrate to check all our docs before submitting. A massive £450! I may have to get a job back home to pay for all this!!!

Phew! It's all go!

Any other tips anyone can add would be greatly appreciated _

Valentino

Comment

Working...
                  X