No announcement yet.

can anyone please recommend an agent in bkk to help renew my sons uk passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone please recommend an agent in bkk to help renew my sons uk passport

Hello
    Can you please help
    Does anyone know of an agent that can help renew my Thai/British sons UK passport please as we need help?
    Thank you

somtam2011 I don't know about an agent but when i did mine in 2019 I did it with VFS Global, this is the recognised route for the UK passport office I believe. I don't know if they are still there but they were on Soi 13, Sukhumvit, about 200 yards down on the right, i cannot remember the name of the building.

Edit. In fact come to think of it there were a lot of agents in the same building.
    Going home soon on leave
    268 days to retirement

Comment

You don’t need an agent. It is a very simple exercise.
      Tobias - โทเบียส
      Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
      Don't delay in getting your
      COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Originally posted by somtam2011 View Post
        Hello
        Can you please help
        Does anyone know of an agent that can help renew my Thai/British sons UK passport please as we need help?
        Thank you
        Pro Visa near Big C South Pattaya. Proven record for two friends if you do decide to do so. 5000 baht charge. Yes, it can be ok doing it yourself but, when you factor in the cost of going there and the stress they put you through I would rather pay the extra. Easy to say it's easy to do if you are from the legal profession but to the average Joe on the street it isn't so straightforward. 5k to me is worth every penny and I hate agencies in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnet View Post
          …Easy to say it's easy to do if you are from the legal profession but to the average Joe on the street it isn't so straightforward. 5k to me is worth every penny and I hate agencies in general.
          It’s a straightforward form filling exercise, no legal knowledge required.

somtam2011 what help is it that you need? There’s no need to waste money employing unqualified people to help you fill out a form. If you encounter any difficulties just come back here and we’ll help you on your way.
          Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne & Ohm View Post
            somtam2011 I don't know about an agent but when i did mine in 2019 I did it with VFS Global, this is the recognised route for the UK passport office I believe. I don't know if they are still there but they were on Soi 13, Sukhumvit, about 200 yards down on the right, i cannot remember the name of the building.

Edit. In fact come to think of it there were a lot of agents in the same building.
            Its The Trendy Office Building : Both myself and Mrs have renewed our UK passports there which is done very easily, Mrs used to manage / tutor at a language school in the Trendy Building, there are certainly ''agents'' as they used to harass Mrs about Visas from time to time .
            The forms can done online from UK GOV website, then taken to VFS to be checked and sent to the UK etc.
            bangkok mags

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post

It’s a straightforward form filling exercise, no legal knowledge required.

somtam2011 what help is it that you need? There’s no need to waste money employing unqualified people to help you fill out a form. If you encounter any difficulties just come back here and we’ll help you on your way.
              When I went through it the same people treated my application as just that, a privilege. The whole process was excessively stressful and unnecessarily difficult. For a few quid more the whole stress part goes away. It is not straightforward, that is assuming these people have actually gone through it themselves which I very much doubt. This is Thailand, nothing is straightforward. To say they are unqualified is grossly unfair. They do this every day and know the process, who to speak to etc far better than you do. I repeat, I do not like agents but they will get the job done and that is speaking from experience. They will get the kid a renewal without any stress which in my mind is plentiful for 5K.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnet View Post

When I went through it the same people treated my application as just that, a privilege. The whole process was excessively stressful and unnecessarily difficult. For a few quid more the whole stress part goes away. It is not straightforward, that is assuming these people have actually gone through it themselves which I very much doubt. This is Thailand, nothing is straightforward. To say they are unqualified is grossly unfair. They do this every day and know the process, who to speak to etc far better than you do...
                I’m confused. Isn’t the OP seeking a renewal of a British passport for a British citizen? If so, that is a right.

What has Thailand got to do with it? This is a British passport application, applied for under UK law and issued by the UK authorities. Why would a Thai agent know more than any of us here? What qualifications do Thai agents have that would allow them to undertake representation of British citizens with the UK authorities p? No qualifications whatsoever for almost all of them.

A British passport renewal is an easy, straightforward form filling exercise. There should be no stress whatsoever.
                Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Not about renewal but i made a very simple mistake when i applied for my son's first UK passport in not providing proof of my address in the UK. They also wanted pictures of me with my wife! Not providing these led to a 4 month delay in the passport being issued alongside my wife having to travel to Bangkok from Khon Kaen to provide this proof at a later date.. I applied in August 14 and it was eventually issued in Feb 15...My fault i know but i wished i had gone down the agency route...It was around the time when they switched the processing to Liverpool...always remember the customer adviser telling me i was one of the lucky ones as they were'nt also asking for DNA proof!
                  Cheers..

Comment

Originally posted by elvisp View Post
                    ..My fault i know but i wished i had gone down the agency route...It was around the time when they switched the processing to Liverpool....
                    Using a Thai agent will only complicate matters. Thai agents have no formal training or qualifications in UK immigration and nationality law and procedure and indeed if they were offering their services in the UK would be committing a criminal offence.

All the agent will do is fill out the forms and forward copies of any correspondence between you and the UK authorities. You will still be doing all the work, just sending it to a middleman who simply passes on what you send them.

Passport renewals are straightforward, first passport applications are a little more complicated but still easy enough to do without agency ‘help’.
                    Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

See also Renewing a UK passport in Bangkok.
                      We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Comment

Working...
                      X