Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLR (M) Visa application questions

Hi,

I'm hoping someone may be able to assist in a few queries regarding questions on a FLR (m) application....

My wife has been in the UK since June 2018 on a Leave to enter spouse visa.

The first question in a fairly simple one

Q: What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?(Required)
    You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK
    • Visit
    • Work
    • Study
    • Family
    • EEA residence permit or card
    • Settlement
    • Other
    I have answered Family, is this correct ? or should it be settlement ?

The other question i will come back to ask as its about non applying children to which i have just found this thread.
    https://www.thailand-uk.com/forum/vi...lying-children

The wife has two sons w
    ho live in Thailand with her mother......

Don't worry. Where do you get with with this

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Originally posted by OnMENogin View Post
      Hi,

I have answered Family, is this correct ?
      Yes, your wife is following the Family Member path.

Regarding your wife's children, the thread that you've found has sound advice.
      "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Tom & Nok View Post

Yes, your wife is following the Family Member path.

Regarding your wife's children, the thread that you've found has sound advice.
        I wonder if I may jump in on this topic with a question, instead of raising a new post.

My wife and I selected Visa Type/Application " Family Route" for for FLR(M), but I now remember that the 1st visa application was 'Settlement - Settlement - Wife. I'm wondering if I should have selected Settlement from the list that follows

For my wife's 1st visa, we applied for
        'Settlement - Settlement - Wife'.

The choices for LTR(M) are:

Visit
        Work
        Study
        Family
        EEA residence permit or card
        Settlement
        Other

We have chosen "Family Route", but now I think we should have selected "Settlement". If we are wrong, will we have to start a new request? I cannot see any way to change the visa type/appplication.

With thanks.

Comment

Just to confirm, the form you are completing is FLR(M)?
          Tobias - โทเบียส
          Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
          Don't delay in getting your
          COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
            Just to confirm, the form you are completing is FLR(M)?
            Yes, I think I've solved the riddle. When we applied for my wife's 1st visa (2yrs 9 months) through Visa4UK.fco.uk (which has closed and the application process been centralised through the Government portal) we selected 'Settlement-Settlement-Wife'. That's where the confusion was. I discovered that 'Settlement' is for ILR, and 'Family Route' is the correct option for 'leave to remain'. I don't remember actually selecting 'Family Route' it from a list of options, I've got a feeling I selected 'Partner', then I answered a series of questions regarding her current visa and it defaulted to 'Family Route'. Does that sound right?

With thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PEL2112UK View Post
              ... I don't remember actually selecting 'Family Route' it from a list of options, I've got a feeling I selected 'Partner', then I answered a series of questions regarding her current visa and it defaulted to 'Family Route'. Does that sound right?

With thanks.
              Whilst I'm very familiar with the law, I am not familiar with the forms! What you describe sounds consistent with the legal requirements for FLR under the Family route. No doubt one of our learned members will post shortly to put your mind at rest.
              Tobias - โทเบียส
              Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
              Don't delay in getting your
              COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Yes it is FLR M

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ine-form-flr-m

Richard

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
                  Many thanks. I'm currently trying to navigate the 17 pages of "Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE: family members specified evidence" as I operate as a Director of a Ltd Company who has been furloughed for 13 months, and my wife's earnings fall £100 short of the £18,600 requirement. Stress levels going through the roof.

Comment

I think that you may be OK.

The Home Office recognises that people in your situation have been adversely affected financially due to the current COVID-19 situation and so has offered the following concessions in respect of meeting the minimum income requirement:

"Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement

If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 May 2021, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income, provided the minimum income requirement was met for at least 6 months immediately before the date the income was lost.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 May 2021 will usually be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.

If you’re unable to provide specified documents

In some cases, we will be able to decide your application without seeing certain specified documents if you cannot get them due to coronavirus. Otherwise, you may be asked to submit the specified documents after the date of application."

Source (updated 26 March 2021): https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...y-uk-residents

"I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Working...
                    X