Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.L.R Visa application

Hello,
    The time has come for my Wife to apply for the ILR visa (5year).
    From day one this site has guided me through, starting out with several visit visas all the way up to the ILR, I am eternally great full for that.
    I was just wondering application wise is this one very similar to the FLR visa? I was thinking of using the virtual identical supporting folder and headings or is there changes that are required other than the obvious.
    My Wife has completed the B1 and Life in the UK and we meet the financial requirements, any advise would be more than welcome.

Yours Thankfully

Tony

Hi Tony

Yes, the ILR (= SET(M)) application is very similar indeed to your wife's previous FLR(M) application. The only differences between your wife's previous FLR(M) application and the SET(M) application are that (a) there's no Immigration Health Surcharge for SET(M) applications, and (b) that the SET(M) application fee is substantially higher than for FLR(M).

Once you've completed and paid for the UKVI SET(M) online application, you'll be directed to the UKVCAS/Sopra Steria site to book a biometrics appointment and to upload evidence documents. You'll find that when you come to upload the files onto the UKVCAS/Sopra Steria portal, the online folders to upload the individual scanned files into are given as follows on the documents upload page of the portal:

"Mandatory Documents" (your wife's passport and your signed relationship declaration), and

"Optional Documents" (most of which aren't optional for SET(M)) with these sub-headings:
    - Other
    - Residence in the UK
    - Finances
    - Proof of Business
    - Life Events
    - Medical Information
    - Sponsors/Employment
    - Proof of Identity/Travel History
    - Educational

Once you've uploaded the files, check and then check again because you will be given a single one-time only option to submit them to UKVI. If you find that you need to upload any further documents after that, those additional documents will be submitted by Sopra Steria to UKVI following your wife's biometrics appointment.

Tom
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Hello Tom,

Thanks for that.
      What comes under Medical information and Life events.
      Doesn't look as straight forward as the old system. What happens if you haven't got a scanner to send the documents?

Thanks
      ​​​​​​Tony

Comment

It is not necessary to enter details in every section.If you don't have documents that remotely fit in those fields leave them empty..

Comment

No probs.
          I've got you now. Scan your documents to a Pdf file prior to the application then upload on the UKVCAS website when instructed.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain but just checking, it's OK to say scan each document and put it in folder and say name it Finances prior to the application then upload the whole folder in one go on the website before moving onto the next section.
            Is there individual size limit to each section or is the an overall size limit?

​​​​​​I better buy myself a decent laptop.

Comment

Hi Tony

As tudorowen1 says, some headings aren't relevant because this is a generic portal for every type of in-country UK citizenship and visa application (family member, student, point-based, citizenship and so on).

If you haven't got a scanner, don't worry. If you book the biometrics appointment at a UKVCAS/Sopra Steria core service centre (there are 6 in the UK), you can pay for an "added value" scanning service from Sopra Steria and they will scan and submit the documents for you at the biometrics appointment. If you book a biometrics appointment at a Sopra Steria enhanced service centre then the cost of scanning is already included in the price for the appointment.

We uploaded the files for SET(M) as follows:

Other: left this empty

Residence in the UK: the 2.5 years correspondence with our names at the same address; estate agent particulars/description of our property; land registry record of proof of title/ownership; copy of Nok's 2017 letter from the Home Office granting FLR(M); council tax bill.

Finances: 6 months of payslips, bank statements.

Proof of business: left this empty

Life Events: Thai marriage certificate and registration (Thai language original); English translation of the Thai marriage certificate and registration (certified by translator and endorsed by Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

Medical Information: left this empty

Sponsors/Employment: letter from employer verifying salary and employment; my UK passport (all pages copied)

Proof of Identity/Travel history: Thai passports (all pages); BRP card (both sides)

Educational: Life in the UK test pass letter; B1 SELT certificate

Hope this helps.

Tom
              "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Dogfather View Post
                Sorry to be a pain but just checking, it's OK to say scan each document and put it in folder and say name it Finances prior to the application then upload the whole folder in one go on the website before moving onto the next section.
                Is there individual size limit to each section or is the an overall size limit?

​​​​​​I better buy myself a decent laptop.
                Hi Tony

I've just seen your post as I was busy replying to your earlier post. I downloaded the following from the Sopra Steria portal when I was uploading Nok's documents These guidelines may be of help:

"To make your visit to our Service Point as smooth as possible, it is recommended you upload your documents via the self-upload facility. You can upload documents in stages right up until you attend your appointment, making it easy and convenient. When uploading your documents, there are some easy to follow guidelines set out below to ensure you are successful:

1. Document type: On completing your online application with UKVI you will have received an Access UK checklist specifying the documents required for your application. The documents are marked as either mandatory or other documents. A description of the mandatory documents required for each category is provided in the tabs below.

2. Category: Your supporting documents need to be submitted under the recommended categories. Our upload facility allows for this and having the right documents in the right category will make your documents easier to find and review, so we suggest that you organise and upload your supporting documents in the correct categories.

3. File Format: Please upload documents in PDF (preferred), JPEG and PNG format.

4. File Name: needs to be as simple as possible e.g. bank-statement-Apr-2018.pdf Do not upload files with file names having special characters, #,ë, or bank.statement.apr.2018.pdf

5. File Size: each uploaded document has a file size limit of 6MB. Uploading larger files will result in your documents being rejected, so please ensure the file is as small as possible and not more than 6 MB. If your document is over 6 MB please separate it into parts and create separate files to upload. There is no limit on the number of documents/files you can upload.

6. Scan in Greyscale or Black and white: To help contain the files size to 6MB please scan in ‘Greyscale’ or ‘Black and white’ and not in ‘Colour’. It is also helpful to keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi. This can be achieved by confguring your device by the available ‘Settings’ option, that allows you to choose the file format, colour and the dpi resolution. With this approach, you will be able to scan up to 50 pages per document within the allowed 6 MB limit.

7. Password: Please do not upload password protected files as the caseworker will not be able to open them for assessment and therefore your application may be delayed"

Comment

That's excellent,I've got virtually all the info allready in a file.Its end of February so a couple more payslips etc and I'll be sorted. I might go for added value service, it'll save me buying a laptop the current one I've never used for years so didn't want it packing up half way through.

Thanks for that

Comment

That's great thanks

Comment

I see you can upload the files in stages so no probs there, I was just thinking if the laptop decided to crash half way through that would be it. But obviously you can log on and enter info all the way up until the appointment.

Comment

Hello Tony,

Toms advice is spot on and detailed. Even more helpfully once you have completed the online application it generates a checklist of supporting documents which you could use if the service were currently available to take to your wife biometric appt ( and pay extra for the privilege) . Anyway the check list is your guide. My only addition advice is dont panic if there are no appointments available on the commercial partners site or if the UKVI does not even send you to it. All this means is that there is a logjam and in due course you will get an email to make an appt by phone and email the docs or an invitation to use the UKVI app. The app has some foibles ( if you have to use the app I will take you through them ) but it means you dont have to visit anywhere to do your biometrics you just " look up look down look left look right " 'till the AI decides you are human. Richard
                        It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

I did not submit any previous information about marriage certificates etc re our ILR application...i assumed they had these already...i had also provided information about our 2 children in our FLR application so did not bother with the ILR application...

Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by elvisp View Post
                            I did not submit any previous information .....i assumed they had these already...i had also provided information about ........ so did not bother with the ILR application...
                            Cheers...

That might have been a risky but realistic assumption this time last year when the decision maker had access to the UKVI computer and you took a risk that he or she would look at those records but in Nov 2020 when the case worker is most likely working at home it would be reckless to not include everything on the checklist. IMO Richard

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

So I have just paid £4818 for 2 ILR applications and appointments are showing at £270.
                              I was expecting £70 at most but absolute disgusting price.

Comment

Working...
                              X