Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Is there an] FLR (M) Guide 2020?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a link to an up to date FLR (M) guide, ie: 2020. I can find old ones but nothing relating to the new on line application process.

We are not applying until the end of the year, but i want to start getting organised as we have collected everything since my wife arrived and i want to know what is relevant and what is not.

Also do you think it is worth investing in a scanner and starting to make digital files now?

And so it begins.....

Ace.

Hi ace, I can’t advise you towards a complete guide but I can tell you the new system is a lot easier to use. I just got together all our paperwork and had a few hours scanning and uploading. One thing that went wrong was the files were too big when scanned so be careful what file type you make when you scan if that makes sense

Comment

Aldi have one on offer this week £25 cannon im looking at it for the wifes ILR this year and if your a dinosaur like me i am not looking forward to this .Maybe worrying for nothing .

Comment

I was worried about it Samsung but to be honest I just read a few threads on here then cracked on with it. The longest part of the process was actually finding all the documents we needed to send!

Comment

I read on here the files to be uploaded must not be larger tham 6 megabytes..I have organised folders with PDF files in them..Financial Evidence ,Accomodation, Evidence for ILR, Proof of relationship..etc..
          Am I right in thinking these folders with the PDF files in them must not be larger than 6 Megabytes?

Comment

On the site where you upload, the sections are already created and you then choose which of your documents you feel should go into that relevant category. For example they have headers such as "life events", "education", "sponsor/finances" etc. So you can't create your own folders. Each individual PDF must be no larger than 6mb

Comment

Thanks Toddmeister....that helps me quite a lot..A PDF file larger than 6mb must have lots of pages in!
              Thanks again..

Comment

Originally posted by tudorowen1 View Post
                Thanks Toddmeister....that helps me quite a lot..A PDF file larger than 6mb must have lots of pages in!
                Thanks again..
                When we did ours i think each A4 size PDF file was about 500 kb, so you can potentially combine 11 or 12 such as bank statements and the file size should still be within the limit.
                I used PDF combine: https://combinepdf.com/

Comment

Working...
                X