No announcement yet.

Plans to increase NHS surcharge to £650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the fact that we have to pay three years in advance (for a 30 month visa) that makes this an unfair tax on the less wealthy. I'm not against the charge in principle, it's adding another £1,875 to an already expensive process that really hurts.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Comment

• Crikey. I just got stung by this increase on 27/10/2020. I paid today. What would have been a £2,000 surcharge for my wife and daughter ended up being £2,735!

Comment

• Ouch, we are on settlement March next year, hope nothing else goes up !
        Originally posted by SimonN View Post
        Crikey. I just got stung by this increase on 27/10/2020. I paid today. What would have been a £2,000 surcharge for my wife and daughter ended up being £2,735!

Comment

• Get it in as soon as possible as April is a favourite time for a price hike.
          Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

• Sorry, a bit off topic but I'm trying to book an appointment on the UKVCAS and all the locations are "No appointments available". I've emailed them but haven't had a response. I'm assuming it's because of the second lockdown. I'm wondering if anyone else is having difficulty?

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonN View Post
              Sorry, a bit off topic but I'm trying to book an appointment on the UKVCAS and all the locations are "No appointments available". I've emailed them but haven't had a response. I'm assuming it's because of the second lockdown. I'm wondering if anyone else is having difficulty?
              Hi SimonN.

UKVCAS is releasing new appointments for 28 days ahead at midnight every day and they are booked up very quickly indeed. The trick to bagging an appointment slot is to log on to the UKVCAS site at just after midnight.

How do I know? Well, I was able to book an appointment slot this morning at 12.10am (yes, ten past midnight) for an appointment at the Croydon UKVCAS core centre on Monday 30th November. This is for a biometrics appointment for Nok for her citizenship application.

If you log in to the UKVCAS site tonight (Tuesday/Wednesday) at midnight then you should be able to bag an appointment for Tuesday 1st December. Sometimes a free slot may appear with an earlier date if someone else has cancelled their appointment.

Regarding the second lockdown, see the UKVCAS flash message published today (3rd November) here: "UKVCAS is fully operational throughout the lockdown".

Unlike during the first lockdown when biometrics appointments were cancelled and UKVCAS centres were closed, the government has now classed UKVCAS as an "essential service", its centre staff are now "key workers" and there are "robust and highly secure COVID-19 measures in place at all UKVCAS sites".

Good luck.
              "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom & Nok View Post

Hi SimonN.

UKVCAS is releasing new appointments for 28 days ahead at midnight every day and they are booked up very quickly indeed. The trick to bagging an appointment slot is to log on to the UKVCAS site at just after midnight.

How do I know? Well, I was able to book an appointment slot this morning at 12.10am (yes, ten past midnight) for an appointment at the Croydon UKVCAS core centre on Monday 30th November. This is for a biometrics appointment for Nok for her citizenship application.

If you log in to the UKVCAS site tonight (Tuesday/Wednesday) at midnight then you should be able to bag an appointment for Tuesday 1st December. Sometimes a free slot may appear with an earlier date if someone else has cancelled their appointment.

Regarding the second lockdown, see the UKVCAS flash message published today (3rd November) here: "UKVCAS is fully operational throughout the lockdown".

Unlike during the first lockdown when biometrics appointments were cancelled and UKVCAS centres were closed, the government has now classed UKVCAS as an "essential service", its centre staff are now "key workers" and there are "robust and highly secure COVID-19 measures in place at all UKVCAS sites".

Good luck.
                Thanks Tom. I'll be logging in midnight tonight to book an appointment for December 7th. I never realised how expensive the appointments are! At Southampton the slot I'm hopining to get is £138. Other slots are £270. I noticed at other places appointments are up to £398!

Good luck with the citizen application!

Comment

• Simon What about the free apts at core sites between 10am and 4pm

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonN View Post

Thanks Tom. I'll be logging in midnight tonight to book an appointment for December 7th. I never realised how expensive the appointments are! At Southampton the slot I'm hopining to get is £138. Other slots are £270. I noticed at other places appointments are up to £398!

Good luck with the citizen application!
                    These appointment fees are for a settlement Visa ??

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie57 View Post
                      Simon What about the free apts at core sites between 10am and 4pm
                      The few free appointments between 10am and 4pm can be remarkably difficult to bag.

When I logged on to the UKVCAS website at 12.10am last Tuesday, there were no free appointments left at the Croydon core site or at the London Victoria (passport office) core site. They had all been snapped up in the ten minutes between midnight and 12.10am. The cost of remaining appointments was £65 at Croydon and £110 at the Victoria (Passport Office) core location, so I booked a £65 appointment at Croydon for Nok's citizenship application. We'd previously been able to book a free appointment at the Croydon (Lansdowne Road) temporary core in September for her successful ILR application.

There have been complaints from MPs, legal practices, the Law Society, and the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA) about the lack of free appointments and the fees charged by Sopra Steria for biometrics appointments and its so-called "value-added" services such as scanning. I have also raised this with the Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration in my response to his call for submissions as part of his current inspection of UKVI's so-called "Front End Services" including UKVCAS/Sopra Steria.
                      "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post

These appointment fees are for a settlement Visa ??
                        The biometrics appointment fees charged by UKVCAS/Sopra Steria are in addition to the settlement visa fees charged by UKVI for FLR(M), ILR, and Citizenship applications.

Comment

• I submitted my wife's application on 28th August before here visa ran out. We competed all the necessary stuff in the IDV app.

This included her biometrics and all documents. We then received and email on 3rd Oct stating that due to Covid it may not be possible to decide the application within 8 weeks (which would of been the end of Oct)

The email also stated that my wife is legally allowed to stay in the UK if the application was submitted before her other one ran out.

But we still havnt heard anything so starting to get worried. Is this delay normal at the moment?
                          Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Rsmith89 View Post
                            But we still havnt heard anything so starting to get worried. Is this delay normal at the moment?
                            I think you can be assured that the delay is "normal" at the moment, especially as we are currently in lockdown. With this in place it will create an even bigger back log than there is already.is. I would certainly wait until the latest lockdown is over and at least a few weeks after that before thinking about contacting them.

There is little to worry about as they have stated that she is legally allowed to be here even if her current visa has run out as she applied before that happened and that will be true until whenever a decision has been made.

Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

• So what you are saying Tom is that you now have to attend or wife does with docs and to provide fingerprints at a cost if this is the case i might as well not bother uploading docs or is there a extra charge for that service on top of the £100 plus .My wife and i are going upload for her citizenship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom & Nok View Post

The biometrics appointment fees charged by UKVCAS/Sopra Steria are in addition to the settlement visa fees charged by UKVI for FLR(M), ILR, and Citizenship applications.
                                so what used to be £20 is now £110 plus Nice little earner government contracts again .

Comment

Working...
                                X