Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The processed visa is ready for collection...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The processed visa is ready for collection...

    My wife just received this text from VFS, about her settlement application.

    "The processed visa application for GWF123456789 was ready to pick up at VFS on 4/24/2018"

    Is this a YES!! I hope so, a sleepless night ahead until she picks it up in the morning.

    Your thoughts....

  • #2
    Originally posted by ace_rimmer View Post
    My wife just received this text from VFS, about her settlement application.

    "The processed visa application for GWF123456789 was ready to pick up at VFS on 4/24/2018"

    Is this a YES!! I hope so, a sleepless night ahead until she picks it up in the morning.

    Your thoughts....
    Not seen that before most times they say a decision has been made and your documents are ready for collection or delivery which ever you opted for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      My wife received a similar message last year.

      Let us know how you got on.

      Good luck

      Comment


      • #4
        We have a visa. My wife collected her passport from VFS this morning. The visa runs from 24/4/18 to the 24/5/18, so she should be here in the next couple of weeks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ace_rimmer View Post
          We have a visa. My wife collected her passport from VFS this morning. The visa runs from 24/4/18 to the 24/5/18, so she should be here in the next couple of weeks.
          Happy days mate, all the best for the future!

          How long did you wait in the end?

          Andy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Congratulations mate

            Comment


            • #7
              The visa runs from 24/4/18 to the 24/5/18, so she should be here in the next couple of weeks.

              1 month!!!! lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Melteddrummer, it was 2 days short of the magic 12 weeks. We applied on 26th January and received the visa on 24th April. It seems the norm for settlement applications these days.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ace_rimmer View Post
                  Melteddrummer, it was 2 days short of the magic 12 weeks. We applied on 26th January and received the visa on 24th April. It seems the norm for settlement applications these days.
                  Happy days, it'll be worth the wait matey! Now start collecting for the next Visa!!


                  Edit: when you started the application, did you factor the 12 weeks processing time and ask for the visa to start in April or is that just how the dates worked out?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Melteddrummer View Post
                    Now start collecting for the next Visa!!
                    And saving!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Congratulations ace_rimmer! :-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great news. Good to hear that all of the hard work has been worthwhile. Now you can start and make plans for the future and work towards achieving FLTR!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PlymouthNick View Post
                          The visa runs from 24/4/18 to the 24/5/18, so she should be here in the next couple of weeks.

                          1 month!!!! lol
                          Previously, when the 33 months was introduced, the extra 3 months was given to get affairs in order and allow you enough time to get to the UK and start your (now) 5 year clock in the UK.

                          Now, although it is still a 33 month visa, you only get an "initial" 1 month to sort things out and get to the UK but, as I understand it, it is possible to "re-Apply" and extend this month for another one if affairs are not sorted in time.


                          Also, as Melteddrummer says, make sure you look at the next visa NOW.
                          Yes it is a pain when you thought all the hard work was over for a while but believe me it is well worth doing now (yes things may change but not that much) to save you a lot of hassle later.
                          Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            great news congrats there ,thats the easy bit over now comes the hard bit hope your happy and have good luck and fortune together ,has gary says download the form have a look at and start collecting the evidence ,half a hour a month beats 30 days of running around ,

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X