X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLR English requirement

Hi,

We are soon to apply for further leave to remain. It is my understanding that if my wife has passed the Cambridge English test at A2 level for her initial spouse visa(5 year route) we can use that certificate for the application again and don't need to sit a new test again. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

Note 3 on page 43 of the FLR(M) application form confirms this.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

hi there.
      we too are soon to apply for flr(m) too, my wife is taking the B1 test later this month but there doesn't seem anywhere to submit it on the flr(m) form...so my question is can we submit it or do we have to wait until we apply for ilr?
      regards
      gibbage

Comment

Don't worry, gibbage62.

My wife took and passed her B1 Trinity SELT earlier this year. I'm just completing the FLR(M) form for her application next month. She is using this B1 SELT pass.

On page 43, assuming that your wife entered the UK on a spouse settlement visa, tick the "A2" box. This is the minimum level which she is required to meet. She has a B1 SELT and so she exceeds this minimum.

For the "Title of qualification", I've entered "Graded Examination in Spoken English" - this is the title on the certificate and is the name of the award on page 1 of the UKVI list of approved secure English language tests and test centres.

For the "Level of qualification", I have written "CEFR Level B1".

You can enter the B1 SELT unique electronic reference number in the SELT unique electronic reference space towards the bottom of page 43.
        Last edited by Tom & Nok; 12 Nov 2017, 11:31.
        "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Tom & Nok View Post
          Don't worry, gibbage62.

My wife took and passed her B1 Trinity SELT earlier this year. I'm just completing the FLR(M) form for her application next month. She is using this B1 SELT pass.

On page 43, assuming that your wife entered the UK on a spouse settlement visa, tick the "A2" box. This is the minimum level which she is required to meet. She has a B1 SELT and so she exceeds this minimum.

For the "Title of qualification", I've entered "Graded Examination in Spoken English" - this is the title on the certificate and is the name of the award on page 1 of the UKVI list of approved secure English language tests and test centres.

For the "Level of qualification", I have written "CEFR Level B1".

You can enter the B1 SELT unique electronic reference number in the SELT unique electronic reference space towards the bottom of page 43.
          thanks a lot for your reply that's but my mind at rest! for the time being

Comment

my wife takes her b1 for flm next week ,to be honest tom i think its all linked and the guys in charge already know by passport if she has paid nhs fees obtained english requirments and so so we are just making there job a bit easier by giving them reference numbers

Comment

Working...
            X