X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test requirement for FLR

Hi,

Sorry to go over much discussed ground but rather than searching for hours on here I just wanted to ask(am at work so don't have time to search the forum)

Can someone let me know. Is the B1 English test/Life in the UK test required after 5 years of my wife joining me on the UK (ILR stage?) or at FLR stage(I believe that is 2 years and 7 months)

She has passed the A1 KET test and achieved level A2 with a 70% pass mark.. Settlement application in process now... I just want to get clear in my head when the next round of tests are required!?

I am also confused about 5 year/10 year-I have read on here that some visas allow 10 years?? Or is this someone applying for FLR several times??

Confused.com!

Thank you

You need B1 test result and LITUK test for Indefinite leave to remain and/or British citizenship..or you can apply for FLR after 5 years again if tests not passed. I think after 10 years you can apply for LTR but I think you still need the 2 tests..Clear as mud really..I think after 65 years old you are not required to take the tests..

Comment

Thank you. So after 2 years 7 months we don't need to do any tests? Just apply for FLR...then after 5 years we need to do B1 test and Life in the UK to get ILR but if she does not pass them/we don't want to do them..we could apply for another FLR with no tests?

Comment

That's if they don't change the requirements before the 5 years is up, which they have a habit of doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Indeed they do! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by asmith View Post
            at FLR stage(I believe that is 2 years and 7 months)
            I think you will find that FLR is after 30 months and you will be able to apply 28 days before the 30 month anniversary of arrival in the UK.
            Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

Working...
            X