X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk family visitor visa: Valid reasons for wife to return to thailand

Hello all,

I want my Thai wife to visit me here in the UK, but am unsure if she can get a family visitor visa, as I know the main reason for refusal is not having a good reason to return.
    My wife is employed at the moment, but if she came to the UK for more than 10 days she would loose her job, we are OK with this, but how would this affect her application? I want her to stay here for at least 1 month, hopefully 3 months.
    We were married in March of this year and I have visited her in Thailand on 4 occasions 3 ten day trips and just recently I spent 1 month with her.
    I do not earn enough to apply for a settlement visa, so this is not an option.
    she rents a room, has parents and sisters in Thailand.
    So what can we put on her application as a valid reason for why she will return?
    any suggestions please??

Well the good thing is that you are married. Your main reason will be that you won't want to jeopardise any future applications.

Comment

Basically just explain that you cannot meet the settlement visa requirements at present, however your wife would like to visit the UK to see what it is like and obviously to spend some time with you. State that in the future you hope to be able to meet the requirements and that you would not do anything to jeopardise future applications, such as overstaying.
      Lucky

Comment

I'm not sure that stating your wife would like to settle here is such a good idea.

It's exactly what their worried about. People coming on visit visas and not going back.

To me, that looks like the opposite of a reason to return!
        "You're so unapproachable!"
        "And yet, here you are."

Comment

Hi again, thanks for replies!.. but still unsure what to say on application, as getting conflicting answers here.
          Anyone else on here have a successful application in a similar situation to me?
          grateful for any help out there!

Comment

When my wife, and then gf, applied for her first VV (asking or 3 months) she also had to end her employment. She did get a letter from her former employers to say how long she had worked there and that she was of good character, it didn't say she could return.

Her land was not in her name so she couldn't use that, she didn't have much in the way of savings.

I'd been to visit her 3 or 4 times. Her family and not wanting to jeopardise future visits were all she had to go on, but she got it first time.

Just be honest, being married I think you'll have better chance than we did.

Good luck.

Comment

Here are a few paragraphs from my VV support letter
              Please don't copy and paste.....use a bit of imagination but it should help you

"It seems a natural progression that I should repay xxxxx wonderful hospitality by inviting her to visit me in the UK. She is excited at the prospect and has the full support of her family to make the trip, which, if the visa is granted, will be from 21st April 2013 until .12th May 2013

Although xxxxx continues to work at the Cosmetics/Beauty shop In xxxxx, I regularly send her money to help improve the quality of life of herself and her family. I have a well paid job, substantial savings and I do not claim any form of public funding.
              I will be able to fully support xxxxxx whilst she is in the UK without any possibility of her resorting to public funds. I confirm that I will pay for her flights, insurance and all expenses whilst she is my guest in the UK. I estimate the total cost of her visit to be £2000 and I have already set aside in excess of this amount in anticipation of a successful application. She will stay at my house in Chelsea , which I own and live in alone"

Comment

the ukba website has guidance notes which clearly states the following

" Your visa may be taken away (revoked) and you may get a long-term ban on visiting if your travel history shows you’re repeatedly living in the UK for extended periods."

also

What you can and can’t do

You can study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit.

You can’t:
                take paid or unpaid work
                live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
                marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
                get private medical treatment
                get public funds

Comment

Excellent, thank you so much. I fill a lot more positive now about our application, will let you know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Linne View Post
                    the ukba website has guidance notes which clearly states the following

" Your visa may be taken away (revoked) and you may get a long-term ban on visiting if your travel history shows you’re repeatedly living in the UK for extended periods."

You can’t:
                    take paid or unpaid work
                    live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
                    marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
                    get private medical treatment
                    get public funds
                    Linne, can I ask where you took this information from, as my understanding is that it is factually incorrect, or at the very least, very old.

Comment

Originally posted by Boydio View Post
                      Linne, can I ask where you took this information from, as my understanding is that it is factually incorrect, or at the very least, very old.
                      https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa

apologies the FVV guidance does appear to be a little different

although I just found this

https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/eligibility
                      Last edited by Linne; 22 Jul 2014, 17:00.

Comment

Working...
                      X