Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement Visa-Possible with new Job?

Hi.

My wife is currently here on a tourist visa. We would like to apply for a settlement visa on her return to Thailand but I am also wanting to change job/company soon and have been advised that for the settlement visa I need to have been in the same job for a year. This means I can not accept a new job...

Does anyone have 100% confirmed info on this? I would have thought that many people move jobs in between applications I have been advised I need 12 months payslips, P60 and salary slips from the same employer..

Advice would be most appreciated as I need to make a decision very soon on whether I can take the new job offer or not..

Thank you

I believe it's only 6 months continuous employment and 12 months from a different employers. Good luck with your new job!

Rules here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ndix_FM_SE.pdf

" 2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the

following evidence must be provided:
    (a) Payslips covering:
    (i)a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been

employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph
    13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
    (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date

of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less
    than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph
    13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a

self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
    (ii) the length of their employment;
    (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
    paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the

person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
    (d) Where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that
    the company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House"

Comment

It would seem from this info that it is ok to change job...I would just have to supply 12 months evidence of being employed by both the new employer and the old(current one) combined...For example if I had been at the new employer for 2 months, I would have to supply 10 months from the old employer and 2 from the new one... Is that right? I can't make head or tail of the way they phrase these things..

Comment

yup, that's how I understand it too for the payslips and the bank statements. I suppose that your income will be averaged over the whole 12 months. Don't forget the letter

Comment

I'm currently in this situation, changed job 2 months ago, I thought you had to work 6 months with the current employer, but trying to fathom out their wording I'm inclined to agree that it seems to say as long as you can show 12 months continuous employment you are ok, but in my case some of that 12 months was less than £18,600 during the months of July to September, hence us waiting until October this year. Perhaps one of the legal eagles on here could clarify?

Pete and Tia

Comment

I have been told again by another source that it is best to show 12 months continuous employment with one company..If anyone knows different on this I would be very happy to hear...

Comment

Who is feeding you this misleading information, Barracuda? The current rule is posted above.
              Tobias - โทเบียส
              Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
              Don't delay in getting your
              COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Hi, a visa agent has told me that it is very important to have been in the same job for 12 months. Can you tell me what is the truth? I can not understand the wording of the rule posted by Timbo from the UKBA website... Please can you help simplify this?

Comment

You won't find much love for visa agents here.

Originally posted by Barracuda View Post
                  Please can you help simplify this?
                  OK, I assume you are employed rather then self employed and you're not a company director, in that case, for payslips it boils down with a bit of selective cutting, to:

Payslips covering:
                  6 months if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months
                  OR

12 months if the person has been employed by their current employer for less
                  than 6 months

This implies it's OK to have more than one job in the last year. I hope that helps and saves you some agent fees.

*don't forget the bank statements for the same amount of time, letter from employer(s) and the overall average must be more than £18,600

Comment

Working...
                  X