Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-EU Spouse (living in EU) visiting the UK for a few hours. Visa still required?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-EU Spouse (living in EU) visiting the UK for a few hours. Visa still required?

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well and finding success in your journeys together.

My wife (who is from Laos) and I will be living in Italy from mid-March.

My sister is getting married in the UK mid-May. I think getting my wife an Italian resident's permit in that timeframe may be unrealistic. Assuming that's the case, would she still need a visitor's visa to come to the wedding in the UK for a few hours? If so, can she apply for one in Italy, or would she have to go back to Bangkok?

Thank you in advance.

Bertie even with the eu residence permt in place she will need a uk visa This can be an eea family permit which is free but only lasts for 6 months.

When we lived in France we choose to pay for a 10 year visit visa as the costs of travelling to Paris were greater than the cost overall of the visa and it was more convienient
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Also, the application must normally be made where the person is ordinarilly resident, so providing your wife has the relevant settlement visa to be in Italy, then the application should be made there.

Comment

Working...
      X