Non Immigrant O evisa..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Immigrant O evisa..

I came on a Non Immigrant O visa to Thailand to visit my wife's family..I was granted a 90 day visa.I extended this .I was given a 60 day extension..Does anyone know if you can apply for another extension after this ?

Well it seems I was lucky to get a 60 day extension because this is at the discretion of the Immigration officer..At one point in the process I nearly decided to go to Malaysia just to re - enter to get a 45 day visa on arrival..However I have just read that I need to ask an Immigration officer for a permit to re- enter if I entered the country on a Non O 90 day family visa..I think in future I may just go for a 45 day visa on arrival plus a 30 day extension ..then leave the country and re- enter..

Comment

Originally posted by tudorowen1 View Post
      Well it seems I was lucky to get a 60 day extension because this is at the discretion of the Immigration officer..At one point in the process I nearly decided to go to Malaysia just to re - enter to get a 45 day visa on arrival..However I have just read that I need to ask an Immigration officer for a permit to re- enter if I entered the country on a Non O 90 day family visa..I think in future I may just go for a 45 day visa on arrival plus a 30 day extension ..then leave the country and re- enter..
      For NON IMM O and O-A extensions you need a Re-Entry Permit (REP) in your Passport before leaving TH, if dont have it renders the extension dead, thus having to start the process from scratch, this is why I always get a REP the same day as getting the extension (case in a hurry and forget) im sure the 60 day extension is a one time only process, all extensions are at the discretion of the Immigration Officer you deal with including the yearly extensions. I get REP at Chaengwattana Immigration Complex, but can obtain at DMK and BKK airports (before exiting).
      bangkok mags

Comment

Working...
      X