Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Tourist Visa for 90 days

Hi All

I appreciate there is loads of change at the moment and stopping the Test and Go makes things difficult. However we still want to go to Thailand in Feb and looking at staying up to 3 months due to the hassle (not so easy just to go back and forth). Is it still possible to apply for a 90 day visa if going in Feb?

If it is possible does anybody have a link?
    It all seems so complicated now and I can't tell if is introducer websites or whether there is an official one to apply through.

For the fully vaccinated is the initial quarantine also now only 7 days?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Marky Cha-am; 24 Dec 2021, 18:50.

I really can't help much apart from saying it's almost inevitable further changes to processes will be announced. I really think it's a case of following events closely.
    'Tis me

Comment

Originally posted by Marky Cha-am View Post
      Hi All

.... Is it still possible to apply for a 90 day visa if going in Feb? ...

... For the fully vaccinated is the initial quarantine also now only 7 days? ...

Thank you.
      I just applied for an Immigrant non-O visa based on family (i have a dependent - Thai national - living there).
      The process was very easy.
      Submitted Friday afternoon and authorised by Wednesday.

I assume that you have a Thai partner or family etc, in which case you can apply for the same visa.

All visa applications are via the Thai e-Visa site - its very easy - dont pay an aggeny to do it for you. Once granted you have a 90 day visa. The advantage of the non-O visa is that the Special Tourist visa requires you to proof of or produce paid for accomodation at the time of the application and once in country it cannot be changed to anything else unlike other visa.

You obviously require the Thailand Pass in addition to the visa.

Happy Chrimbo
      Ally
      "Don't buy the sun"

Comment

Cheers Ally - I think this looks the right visa for us
        Last edited by Tom & Nok; 26 Dec 2021, 09:27. Reason: Removal of unnecessary repetition of the whole of the immediately preceding post.

Comment

Hello All

May I please check - with the Non-immigrant O Visa - We are getting a letter from my wife's family to say we are welcome to stay with them. We are actually planning to travel and have a bit of a holiday. Is it ok just to use their address?

There is also this point:
          Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party
          (Can we just ignore this as I am not being sponsored?)

Thank you.
          Last edited by Marky Cha-am; 28 Dec 2021, 11:44.

Comment

Marky

I believe you will still have to show Bank Statements/proof of earning, to prove you have money
            Last edited by Tom & Nok; 29 Dec 2021, 07:11. Reason: Deletion of unnecessary quotation of whole of immediately preceding post.
            Waiting to retire
            210 days to retirement

Comment

Originally posted by Marky Cha-am View Post
              There is also this point:
              Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party
              (Can we just ignore this as I am not being sponsored?)
              Financial statements are needed.

When I did submitted my application i sent a copy of my bank statement and filtered it so it that only my income was shown, the rest is irrelevant. Additionally i also sent a copy of my savings.

Now you can only upload one PFD so I used a free piece of software that merges PDFs together (Download from AnywaySoft). I then highlighted the relevant figues or areas using Adobe pdf reader. So i was now able to submit one document for 2 different bank accounts and highlighted the relevant parts.

Sponsorship is irrelevant if you are paying your ownway when you get there, but you do need to show how you are funding your travel regardless.

Hope that helps a bit.
              Ally
              "Don't buy the sun"

Comment

All helpful. Thank you so much. Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

Hello All

I am trying to finalise this visa application. Can anybody explain what I have to do with regards to this question?

/////////////////////////
                  ​​​​​​
                  13 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

/////////////////////////////////

Does it mean just upload my passport?

Also - do I definitely just need to submit this application via the Thai E Visa website? (It mentions contacting an embassy as a pop up.)

Excuse all of the questions - it's all so very confusing.

Many thanks, Mark
                  Last edited by Marky Cha-am; 11 Jan 2022, 15:51.

Comment

Working...
                  X