Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tourist Visa (60 day) online application process - how straightforward is it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa (60 day) online application process - how straightforward is it.

Hi all.
    I'm rather nervous about the online application for a Single Entry Tourist Visa. Can anyone give me a heads up on a few do's and dont's when completing the application. I would very much like to "get it right first time".

The last visa I applied for was in person at Hull which was simple and the staff there very helpful.

The website is quite explicit about making incorrect entries on the application and the fact that no refunds will be given but, most important of all, I want to get the Visa without too much hassle.
    Obviously the electronic "passport"- (COE replacement) may also throw a curved ball on the travel process so I need to wait a few weeks to see what further announcements will be made. Unfortunately this also cuts down the lead time for making the application. But whilst waiting for information on how that will work I would like to start prepping the all documents needed.

Two specific points of concern are;
    (a) Showing sufficient funds, which I have, but spread over different accounts
    (b) Accommodation, is it necessary to have pre-arranged accommodation for sixty days as I want to be flexible with my travel plans
    (last time, when applying at the Consulate, I just provided hotel booking details for the first night).

I am assuming that there is a human being verifying the applications and it's not a totally electronic process - do you get any communication from the Embassy team if further information is needed?

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Originally posted by Millerman View Post
    (b) Accommodation, is it necessary to have pre-arranged accommodation for sixty days as I want to be flexible with my travel plans
    Last time I applied I had to supply a letter from the person that owned the Condo inviting me to stay for the period specified. If staying in an Hotel, if I remember correctly, they had to supply confirmation of your booking.

I also needed photos of myself, passport information page, flight booking, bank funds and Accommodation (as above). Pain in the backside to upload the photos as they can only be a certain size and took me several attempts to get them right.

I ended up losing my funds because Thailand closed their borders and flights cancelled, asked for but no refund given
    When will I see you again
    When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Working...
    X