Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query re Non O based on marriage application

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Query re Non O based on marriage application

    Ok so I created my account on the Thai Embassy London website. I’ve begun the application online for a Non O visa to visit the family of my spouse.
    I was under the impression that I didn’t book flights until my visa was granted but on the application it asks for the dates I intend to travel to and from Thailand and for the flight numbers etc?
    So do I actually book flights first then? Also as it’s my intention of staying in Thailand permanently, do I need a return flight or is one way sufficient please?
    To clarify I’m applying from the Uk and it’s the 90 day initial visa
    Thanks

  • #2
    I would enter the date and airline flight number that you intend to travel without actually making a booking, the visa is valid for 3 months from date of issue, you are not restricted to those dates.
    At the moment it is not very clear regarding quarantine, it was announced that there would be no quarantine for visitors that were fully vaccinated after 1st November. Still waiting for confirmation and further details regarding this.
    At the moment quarantine has been reduced to 7 days for fully vaccinated and 10 days for unvaccinated.
    I would wait a few weeks before you apply for your Certificate of Entry to see exactly the entry requirements regarding quarantine and COE after 1st November. I suspect that even if quarantine is no longer required you will still need COE and insurance.
    You can still apply for your visa if you intend to travel within the next 3 months.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tim161 View Post
      I would enter the date and airline flight number that you intend to travel without actually making a booking, the visa is valid for 3 months from date of issue, you are not restricted to those dates.
      At the moment it is not very clear regarding quarantine, it was announced that there would be no quarantine for visitors that were fully vaccinated after 1st November. Still waiting for confirmation and further details regarding this.
      At the moment quarantine has been reduced to 7 days for fully vaccinated and 10 days for unvaccinated.
      I would wait a few weeks before you apply for your Certificate of Entry to see exactly the entry requirements regarding quarantine and COE after 1st November. I suspect that even if quarantine is no longer required you will still need COE and insurance.
      You can still apply for your visa if you intend to travel within the next 3 months.
      Hi Tim
      Thanks very much for the reply. Our intention is to travel on November 11th. As you say we’ve seen that quarantine is presently 7 days but could be reduced or scrapped altogether.
      Would you happen to know if we need return flights booked or is a one way flight acceptable as we are intending to stay permanently?
      So we need to hold off booking the ASQ hotel and starting COE applications?
      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Yanto View Post

        Hi Tim
        Thanks very much for the reply. Our intention is to travel on November 11th. As you say we’ve seen that quarantine is presently 7 days but could be reduced or scrapped altogether.
        Would you happen to know if we need return flights booked or is a one way flight acceptable as we are intending to stay permanently?
        So we need to hold off booking the ASQ hotel and starting COE applications?
        Thanks
        I would just enter any airline flight number for the return – flight bookings are not included in documents you have to upload for the visa.application Or you can write N/A in the flight number box and see if that is accepted.
        Flight bookings will be required when you apply for COE.
        I understand now that once visa is approved the visa is sent electronically, and you don’t have to send your passport to London Embassy. Not sure if you have to send copies of all the documents you have uploaded for the visa application. I’m in the process of applying for a visa as well, just scanning and getting all my documents ready.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tim161 View Post

          I would just enter any airline flight number for the return – flight bookings are not included in documents you have to upload for the visa.application Or you can write N/A in the flight number box and see if that is accepted.
          Flight bookings will be required when you apply for COE.
          I understand now that once visa is approved the visa is sent electronically, and you don’t have to send your passport to London Embassy. Not sure if you have to send copies of all the documents you have uploaded for the visa application. I’m in the process of applying for a visa as well, just scanning and getting all my documents ready.
          Yes there’s a pop up message as soon as you go to the Embassy website that says as from September 21st 2021 applicants for evisa will no longer have to send their passport in, just print off the confirmation of visa to provide to airline/immigration etc

          Comment


          • #6
            Guys, just a bit of housekeeping for you please.

            There is no need to fully quote the post directly above the one you are responding too.
            It does actually make things harder to read as you are bulking out the post only to re-read what you have already read the post previously

            If there are certain sections of the previous post (or other post in the thread) that you wish to address then by all means quote that part, but if just following on in general chat then it's not really necessary to quote.

            If you need any help with editing of quotes please let me know if I am able to assist you.

            Thanks you for taking note
            When will I see you again
            When Thai Air give me my money back

            Comment


            • #7
              Apologies. Point taken

              Comment


              • #8
                No need to apologise Yanto, it's not a hanging offence (yet) just makes things a bit easier to follow.

                Thanks anyway
                When will I see you again
                When Thai Air give me my money back

                Comment


                • #9
                  Quick update. Applied online on Friday morning. Just received email and pdf visa. Approved

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X