Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SETV for Thailand what's current procedure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETV for Thailand what's current procedure.

Hi all,

asking for friend who's not very good with computers, He and his wife(Thai) are looking visit her home (I think he said November) He was asking about getting SEVT. Does he need to go to the Royal Thai Embassy in London or can it be done by post at 0ne of the consulates i.e. Birmingham / Liverpool/ Cardiff. They live in Willenhall nr Wolverhampton. Embassy website doesn't look like its been updated in a while still quoting 2019.

Thanks
    Stevie

Showing my ignorance, but what is an SETV/SEVT (you use both) Or do you mean an STV?
    'Tis me

Comment

Single entry tourist visa Max stay 60 days I think STV is Special tourist visa which is no longer available after this month.

Comment

There is no longer a consulate at Birmingham or Hull, both closed a while ago. (Odd, Hull defo stopped doing visas but it now says in that link below they are doing them )

When I did my Single Entry Visa I did it online, but what a pain.
        It looks like you now have to do it in person but because of Covid you have to do it by post
        Have a look here might help.
        Last edited by Gary & Nok; 22 Sep 2021, 10:20.
        When will I see you again
        When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

I think you need to read information on the Royal Thai Embassy London web site
          Briefly for tourist Visa – you have to apply on line -www.thaievisa.go.th
          Register an account, upload all required documents, pay then send your passport to the Royal Thai Embassy London

Required documents :
          Tourist visa (single entry) : for stay up to 60 days with possible one-time extension of 30 days)
          1. Your passport copy
          2. Travel booking confirmation
          3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand (All tourists are subject to 15-day quarantined at ASQ hotels at their own expenses.)
          4. UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand
          5. Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card
          6. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

After you get you visa you then have to apply for a Certificate of Entry
          https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Also consider
          1.visa exemption, can go to Thailand for tourism purpose for up to 45 days without visa. Proof of air tickets that the applicant will not overstay and health insurance are required for COE application.
          2. Phuket Sandbox (for fully vaccinated)

There was intention from October to allow travel to Bangkok for fully vaccinated , without having to Quarantine, this has now been changed to latest proposal for November to 7 days quarantine for fully vaccinated 10 days for unvaccinated. This is only a proposal and not yet law. It’s difficult to keep up with the regulations as rules are changing daily.

Comment

I am booked for 5th December but not very hopeful that it will happen. Quarantine when arriving in Thailand may have been reduced to 7 or even 0 days for the double jabbed but just can't see Thailand coming off the red list
            We'll never win the Premier League,
            We'll never win a Cup,
            We'll still follow UNITED !!

Comment

Just been announced -Monday 27th Sept BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

The regions include popular tourist areas Chiang Mai, Phangnga, Krabi, Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Cha-am, and follow the successful reopening of Phuket and Samui islands to vaccinated people in pilot schemes since July.

The country is keen to welcome back foreign visitors, after nearly 18 months of strict entry policies that contributed to a collapse in tourism, a key sector that drew 40 million visitors in 2019.

Authorities will also reduce the quarantine time nationwide for visitors arriving from Oct. 1, the COVID-19 task force said, halving it to seven days for vaccinated arrivals, and cutting it to 10 days for those not inoculated.

Things change all the time and it is impossible to know if this announcement will stand and become law Let’s hope it does, and end the the SHA+ and ASQ hotels, and need for a COE.

Comment

More info:

Pilot Phase (1-31 October, 2021)

This will continue with the four popular beach resorts, which were the first destinations to reopen – beginning with Phuket on 1 July, then Surat Thani’s Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao on 15 July, and most recently Krabi and Phang-Nga on 16 August linking with Phuket under the 7+7 Extension arrangement. This phase will also see reopening of new designated areas in Krabi – Khlong Muang and Thap Khaek.

First Phase (1-30 November, 2021)

This will see the reopening extended to 10 other tourism-driven destinations. These include all areas of Bangkok, Krabi and Phang-Nga, and designated areas in Buri Ram (Mueang), Chiang Mai (Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, and Doi Tao), Chon Buri (Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Na Jomtien, and Sattahip), Loei (Chiang Khan), Phetchaburi (Cha-Am), Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin), and Ranong (Ko Phayam).

Second Phase (1-31 December, 2021)

The reopening will be extended to 20 more provinces which are tourism-driven, well-known for art and culture, or border destinations. These include Ayutthaya, Chiang Rai, Khon Kaen, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Nong Khai, Pathum Thani, Phatthalung, Phetchabun, Phrae, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Songkhla, Sukhothai, Trang, Trat, and Yala.

Third Phase (1 January, 2022, onwards)

This will see the reopening of 13 border provinces, including Bueng Kan, Chanthaburi, Kanchanaburi, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo, Satun, Surin, Tak, Ubon Ratchathani, and Udon Thani.

The CCSA has asked all concerned government agencies to prepare for the Phase 1-3 reopening. Meanwhile, foreign tourists can continue to visit the four pilot beach resort destinations under the existing conditions.

TAT will be providing more details of Thailand’s reopening plans as soon as official information becomes available.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/09/thai...until-january/

This is a worry if what happened in Phuket is repeated elsewhere. Covid cases have exploded following the arrival of workers from all over, heading back to Phuket. That has caused major problem for hospitals etc. And that is in what they thought was an easy to control island environment. God help everywhere else.
                'Tis me

Comment

It certainly gives me hope that Christmas / New Year in Thailand is a possibility, however need to know more details on the "designated areas of Buri Ram"
                  There is also the problem of Thailand being red listed by UK, unless they start sharing sample data of what variants are present they aint coming off it any time soon
                  We'll never win a Cup,

Comment

Originally posted by caller View Post
                    More info:

Pilot Phase (1-31 October, 2021)

This will continue with the four popular beach resorts, which were the first destinations to reopen – beginning with Phuket on 1 July, then Surat Thani’s Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao on 15 July, and most recently Krabi and Phang-Nga on 16 August linking with Phuket under the 7+7 Extension arrangement. This phase will also see reopening of new designated areas in Krabi – Khlong Muang and Thap Khaek.

First Phase (1-30 November, 2021)

This will see the reopening extended to 10 other tourism-driven destinations. These include all areas of Bangkok, Krabi and Phang-Nga, and designated areas in Buri Ram (Mueang), Chiang Mai (Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, and Doi Tao), Chon Buri (Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Na Jomtien, and Sattahip), Loei (Chiang Khan), Phetchaburi (Cha-Am), Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin), and Ranong (Ko Phayam).

Second Phase (1-31 December, 2021)

The reopening will be extended to 20 more provinces which are tourism-driven, well-known for art and culture, or border destinations. These include Ayutthaya, Chiang Rai, Khon Kaen, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Nong Khai, Pathum Thani, Phatthalung, Phetchabun, Phrae, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Songkhla, Sukhothai, Trang, Trat, and Yala.

Third Phase (1 January, 2022, onwards)

This will see the reopening of 13 border provinces, including Bueng Kan, Chanthaburi, Kanchanaburi, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo, Satun, Surin, Tak, Ubon Ratchathani, and Udon Thani.

The CCSA has asked all concerned government agencies to prepare for the Phase 1-3 reopening. Meanwhile, foreign tourists can continue to visit the four pilot beach resort destinations under the existing conditions.

TAT will be providing more details of Thailand’s reopening plans as soon as official information becomes available.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/09/thai...until-january/

This is a worry if what happened in Phuket is repeated elsewhere. Covid cases have exploded following the arrival of workers from all over, heading back to Phuket. That has caused major problem for hospitals etc. And that is in what they thought was an easy to control island environment. God help everywhere else.
                    Apologies for asking. Does this mean that people to Thailand and visiting these places can do so without quarantine? For eg, if we delayed our plans until December (Phase2) and wanted to stay with relatives in Rayong, would we first have to quarantine for (presumably) 7 days in a hotel in Bangkok first? Or could we go straight to Rayong? Thanks

Comment

Reporting in the Bangkok Post today "Special tourist visa programme extended", a quote from the article:
                      "The cabinet resolved on Tuesday (28/09/21) to extend the Special Tourist Visa (STV) programme for one year until Sept 30 next year ..."

October the 1st and November 1st seems to be a key dates at the moment and the Independent has picked up on reports too "Thailand to reopen to more vaccinated visitors from November". I appreciate that this needs to be officially accounced - there appears to be little to no update on the Thai Embassy website (London) yet. There seems to be little point in arranging travel for October if indeed the qurantine is to be lifted by November.

Fingers crossed, but I am hoping that an iminent change is on the horizon for those wishing to return/visit Thailand without the need to quarantine. The "no quarantine" is likely to apply only to those who have been vaccinated otherwise the usual quarantine restrictions are likely to remain in place.

"Don't buy the sun"

Comment

Well, the above announcement prompted me to excitedly log into my British Airways booking for 5th December. I have to admit to being a bit of a fanny, I like to pay for our chosen seats, look what meals are likely to be, movies etc.
                        Imagine my shock when I logged in to find "Operation Disruption - We are sorry to advise that your flight has been cancelled"
                        Of course the haven't cancelled my flight from Newcastle to Heathrow, or indeed my return flights
                        No email, no notification of any kind whatsoever. Current telephone hold times estimated at 2 hours. Not impressed with my first experience of British Airways
                        We'll never win a Cup,

Comment

It now looks like the announcement on Monday is very misleading-

-Monday 27th Sept BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals
                          I understand now that there will still be a 7day quarantine for fully vaccinated and 10 days for unvaccinated.

Comment

I believe the reduction from 10 days to 7 days is from 1st October , from 1st November it will be waived completely for double vaccinated.
                            Still need clarity on what the "designated areas" of Buriram will be, and of course Thailand to come off the red list
                            We'll never win a Cup,

Comment

I would be amazed if Thailand is removed from the UK's red list anytime soon. They are now testing less than 1 in a 1000 and not including positive cases from self-testing - 6000 the other day - until full tests are made, but nothing here is as transparent as it should be. Good article from two Thai academics here, in the Bangkok Post of all things, owned by The Central Group and one of the beneficiary families from sponsoring the junta Government. Basically, the authors of this report are accusing the Govt of duplicity. Yesterday, Hua Hin hospital had no further vaccines to administer.

Transparency essential for reopening (bangkokpost.com)
                              'Tis me

Comment

Working...
                              X