Emigrating in August. Travel requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caller View Post

If you apply for your O visa in the UK, you don't have to worry about a bank account or funds in Thailand. You can sort that out when you get there.
    Excellent. This is another daft question but if I do Non O visa from the Uk do I still need another visa too? Or will that Non O see me ok for the first year? Thanks

Comment

Why would you leave the United Kingdom in the first place? The country is going to miss you..

Comment

Originally posted by Mironclover View Post
        Why would you leave the United Kingdom in the first place? The country is going to miss you..
        Unlikely!

Comment

Originally posted by YantoView Post

Hi Tim
          Thanks. Quick question. If I enter on a 90 day exemption, I can’t arrange the bank account and suitable funds three months before applying for my one year extension based on marriage? Not enough time

I assume you mean 90 days not 90 day exemption,

The good news is: if you have a Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage, or family in Thailand, you can extend this 3-months (90 days) to 5 months.

In other words, you can get an extra 60-days without having to leave the country.

The cost of this extension is 1,900 Baht.

5 months might be enough time to open bank account,and transfer 400,000 baht.

Comment

Originally posted by callerView Post

If you apply for your O visa in the UK, you don't have to worry about a bank account or funds in Thailand. You can sort that out when you get there.

Excellent. This is another daft question but if I do Non O visa from the Uk do I still need another visa too? Or will that Non O see me ok for the first year? Thanks

The Non O visa will give you a single entry of 90 days

You will then have to apply for your one year extension based on marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim161 View Post
              The Non O visa will give you a single entry of 90 days

You will then have to apply for your one year extension based on marriage.[/SIZE]
              I thought if you got a multi entry stamp, it applied for 1 year.

'Tis me

Comment

Multi entry Non - O visas are no longer available from the London Thai Embassy only the Non-OA are multi entry.

Comment

Originally posted by YantoView Post

Hi Tim
                  Thanks. Quick question. If I enter on a 90 day exemption, I can’t arrange the bank account and suitable funds three months before applying for my one year extension based on marriage? Not enough time

I assume you mean 90 days not 90 day exemption,

The good news is: if you have a Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage, or family in Thailand, you can extend this 3-months (90 days) to 5 months.

In other words, you can get an extra 60-days without having to leave the country.

The cost of this extension is 1,900 Baht.

5 months might be enough time to open bank account,and transfer 400,000 baht.
                  Tim
                  This Non O based on marriage is the one I can do before departing the Uk online with Thai Embassy? Apart from that I’d only need COE? Then I can extend the NonO once in Thailand for a total of 5 months right? Thanks again

Comment

Yes that's right

Comment

Where will you be living in Thailand?

Do you have your own home?

Renting?

Hotel?

Living with friends or relatives?

The reason I ask,this will decide which documents immigration you will need to make your 60 day and 1 year extension,

Non Immigrant O Extension – Documents Required

It's important to note that your wife will need to accompany you to do this extension.
                      • Passport (original).
                      • Photocopy of passport.
                      • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these should be in your passport).
                      • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owner's signature on it. A piece of paper that states your address, the deposit you paid, and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper tenancy agreement.
                      • A signed copy of the home owner's ID card – if not your wife.
                      • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine). This is the house document for the home where she is officially registered.
                      • Wife's ID card (original to be shown, but also have a copy with you).
                      • Marriage Certificate (original and copy). Make sure you take the original!

Comment

For the 1 year extension you will also have to show Deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai Bank Account for at least 2 months prior to the visa application; or

a Monthly income of at least THB 40,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Yanto View Post

Great information. So I need to open a Thai bank account in my name almost immediately once out of quarantine then and transfer the 400,000 thb
                          Thanks
                          Yes , but make sure you have the correct Visa that will allow you to open a Thai Bank Account in your own name, im guessing you may not have a yellow house registration book (in your name) and Thai ID card or work permit, so it is imperative to have the correct Visa, as the banks will use and check your passport.
                          bangkok mags

Comment

Where will you be living in Thailand?

Do you have your own home?

Renting?

Hotel?

Living with friends or relatives?

The reason I ask,this will decide which documents immigration you will need to make your 60 day and 1 year extension,

Non Immigrant O Extension – Documents Required

It's important to note that your wife will need to accompany you to do this extension.
                            • Passport (original).
                            • Photocopy of passport.
                            • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these should be in your passport).
                            • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owner's signature on it. A piece of paper that states your address, the deposit you paid, and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper tenancy agreement.
                            • A signed copy of the home owner's ID card – if not your wife.
                            • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine). This is the house document for the home where she is officially registered.
                            • Wife's ID card (original to be shown, but also have a copy with you).
                            • Marriage Certificate (original and copy). Make sure you take the original!

To start with we are moving into my Mother in Law’s house. We have land and are going to build our own bungalow once we have found a builder. Hopefully inside the first year

Comment

Originally posted by sisaket View Post

Yes , but make sure you have the correct Visa that will allow you to open a Thai Bank Account in your own name, im guessing you may not have a yellow house registration book (in your name) and Thai ID card or work permit, so it is imperative to have the correct Visa, as the banks will use and check your passport.
                              Will a Non O visa applied for in Uk be the correct one to enable me to open Thai bank account in my name?

Comment

Non-O visa should be OK, but you might have to try a few banks. I understand some foreigners have a problem opening bank accounts.

If your wife has a bank account, try there first

You say you will be living with your mother -in-law.

She will have to make a TM 30 report within 24 hours of you arriving.

The TM30 form is an immigration requirement. The law governing this form aims to ensure transparency in the accommodation details of foreigners staying in Thailand. It must be completed by the landlord of a property to report the stay of guests within 24 hours of their arrival.

Comment

Working...
                                X