Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional Forms Bangkok Immigration : O extension based on marriage to a Thai.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Forms Bangkok Immigration : O extension based on marriage to a Thai.

Along with the TM 7 application form, this year I was presented with three other forms to fill out:
    1) One for Mrs as a guarantor, even though she has wrote a letter of support (which they did keep also).
    2) Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the Kingdom of Thailand.
    3) Acknowledgement of penalties for a visa overstay.
    Monday I had went to acquire an up to date list of documents needed, then went to Muang Thong Thani (Nonthaburi Province) for an in person 90 day report.
    Sticky wickets this year were : needed photocopies of certain pages of my passport (had supplied photocopies of picture pages, latest O extension and entry card). Photocopy all pages of bankbook (I had supplied up to date bankbook, plus all page statements from the bank and letter from the bank confirming my own account). Wanted photos of condo to include bed and furniture (had supplied individual pictures of myself,and together with Mrs outside complex showing name, at the lift, outside our door showing number and inside the door) the last thing I ever think of is taking pictures of my furniture , however I had taken a mugshot of Mrs wearing a face-pack, that had furniture in the background, but was met with scorn that I had took a picture and permission was denied , luckily she had found various pictures that had furniture in, on her phone, and had some printed up, which were subsequently accepted.
    Once again this year they were up to speed, we did nt arrive until 0930, got a queue ticket then went to the bank, then went for breakfast, were called before dinner (lunch) if not for the faffing around with the extra photocopying and having ''furniture'' pictures printed, would have been out before dinner break, but fair play to the officer straight after re-opening she was waiting for me just to sign a document and to give back bankbook / passport, result with be in a month.
    bangkok mags

Sods Law: After visiting Bangkok Immigration @ Nonthaburi for in person 90 day reporting on Monday, the Online reporting site is now back up and running after being out of action for months .
    This from todays Bangkok Post:
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...igners-returns
    bangkok mags

Comment

It sounds to me like they make it up as they go along. I hope when I start doing mine in Chaiyaphum its straight forward.

Why do you have to wait a month for the result on a 90 report?
      Back at it

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
        It sounds to me like they make it up as they go along. I hope when I start doing mine in Chaiyaphum its straight forward.

Why do you have to wait a month for the result on a 90 report?
        The 90 day report is instant : The O extension based on marriage to a Thai national will take just over a month for the result, I think places like Chiayaphum, Surin etc are more straight forward and take less time, due to volume, and at Bangkok they can always put a surprise in place IE wanted photos of furniture to which I almost burst out laughing as I had never ever given that a thought, normally just pic of me or together showing complex name or unit number etc, last year or year before wanted Mrs to hand draw a area map, this year they kept a Google Map print out of the area.
        My gut feeling is yours will be straight forward.
        bangkok mags

Comment

, amazing!!
          thanks, i hope so too
          Back at it

Comment

I have finally accepted that the Thai government just do not want us here. The latest on the vaccine front just proves that.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS View Post
              I have finally accepted that the Thai government just do not want us here. The latest on the vaccine front just proves that.
              What is the latest on the vaccine front?
              Tobias - โทเบียส
              Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
              Don't delay in getting your
              COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                What is the latest on the vaccine front?
                I am sure DAS is meaning this....
                https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...t-jab-priority
                Back at it

Comment

The Bangkok post report is worded much more sympathetically than the quotation I read from a government minister. I can't give a link (deleted in anger).
                  The day before the government said foreigners (over 60) as well as Thais would be eligible for free vaccinations. Had to register on some government site which the wife did for me. It was possible for her to do this as I have a pink ID card. However if you don't have one it appeared you cannot register. It appears now that we will not be given the vaccine until every Thai has been vaccinated and it will not be free. I never expected to be given a free vaccination like other countries have given to their foreign guests. However I did expect to get access to one. The government here have put all their eggs into two very poor baskets one from China, where there is serious concern about lack of published data on safety (side effects) and efficacy. It has not given full info and has not been peer reviewed. The other is Astra Zeneca which has done all those things but it appears the sole company chosen to manufacture it here in Thailand still hasn't managed to produce any after all this time. Make your own mind up about why this company was given sole permission to produce the vaccine. This leaves foreigners with the option of waiting until 2022 probably for a vaccine or buying their own which at the moment it is illegal to do so. Which leaves us in the unenviable position of no vaccines available for the foreseeable future.

Yesterday however there were reports of Moderna vaccines being made available at private hospitals in the future, but you still have to register on the government site that most foreigners cannot do. It should also be noted that the Moderna vaccine or Pfizer for that matter has not been approved for use in Thailand at present. Why??? They were quoting the price of 3000baht for both doses which I thought very reasonable but I don't believe it.

Confused, you will be. This will no doubt change again tomorrow or the next day.

Comment

Confused, you will be. This will no doubt change again tomorrow or the next day.
                    It looks like your prediction was correct

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...t-equal-access
                    Back at it

Comment

I guess the real issue is at present there is only a very limited number of vaccines available and unfortunately most at the moment are Chinese which it appears is very ineffective looking at Data from Chile which is open and honest about it's Covid issues.

Comment

I guess the real issue is at present there is only a very limited number of vaccines available and unfortunately most at the moment are Chinese which it appears is very ineffective ...
                        The World Health Organization (WHO) has granted emergency approval for the Covid vaccine made by Chinese state-owned company Sinopharm.

It is the first vaccine developed by a non-Western country to get WHO backing.

The vaccine has already been given to millions of people in China and elsewhere.

The WHO had previously only approved the vaccines made by Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.

But individual health regulators in various countries - especially poorer ones in Africa, Latin America and Asia - have approved Chinese jabs for emergency use.

With little data released internationally early on, the effectiveness of the various Chinese vaccines has long been uncertain.

But the WHO on Friday said it had validated the "safety, efficacy and quality" of the Sinopharm jab.

The WHO said the addition of the vaccine had "the potential to rapidly accelerate Covid-19 vaccine access for countries seeking to protect health workers and populations at risk".

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-56967973
                        Tobias - โทเบียส
                        Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
                        Don't delay in getting your
                        COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

China has been way too secretive over this whole Covid affair. They have stopped journalists from investigating and postponed the WHO from investigating for over one year. The WHO have been very poor and slow to react in this pandemic and I can't help wondering if they are in China's pocket so to speak. Sinopharm is one of two major Chinese vaccines the other is Sinovac which is the one here in Thailand. I don't believe this has been validated by the WHO. I read that Chile had used Sinovac to vaccinate it's population but found it next to useless. I agree there is so much bias and fake news around the vaccines it's hard to tell which would be best or even effective. I was reading about Covid passports and how it would not be internationally accepted if you had been vaccinated with SinoVac.

The point I was making about the vaccine scenario here was that there is little vaccine available and what there is was going to only be given by the government to Thais, foreigners were going to have to wait until all the Thais were vaccinated. At the same time it is illegal to import any vaccine into Thailand for private use. Therefore no Hospital private or otherwise could vaccinate anyone. Also no other vaccine has been authorised for use in Thailand so Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnic and others are not available. So this leaves foreigners without any chance of a vaccination this year.

The latest is that they WILL vaccinate foreigners when locally manufactured AZ becomes available. This is liable to change daily and usually does. As far as I am aware not one dose has been manufactured here so I won't be holding my breath waiting.

The least they can do is allow Pfizer or Moderna to be imported for private vaccinations as they know they cannot fulfill their obligations in the timescale given.

Comment

Additional Forms Bangkok Immigration : O extension based on marriage to a Thai.
                            Results day, roads were again pretty clear even near Port. Got to CIC just after 9am, went straight to update the bankbook, went up got a ticket for results / collection and surprisingly my number was next, few minutes later my number was called, showed ticket, blue receipt, handed over passport and bankbook, but they wanted the bankbook photocopied so off to get it copied, came back up, handed it in and within a few minutes everything was ready.
                            Then off to get a re-entry permit, 1,000 THB or 3,900 THB for multi-entry, just got a single, only took 15 minutes total, went down again for a mid-morning scoff, fastest ever time for collection / re-entry permit.

bangkok mags

Comment

Working...
                            X