Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai passport renewal in the UK

Hi,

A couple of questions about renewing a passport at the Thai Embassy in London:

1. The requirements on the Thai Embassy website state that you need a 'photocopy of Thai House Registration or Thai Identity Card bearing 13-digit number'. My wife does not have a photocopy of her Thai House Registration. Can anyone confirm that having only an ID card is sufficient for the application?

I know the requirements state that you only need the House Registration OR an ID card, but I don't want to get to the Embassy and find out that you actually need both.

2. Can you collect the new passport in person, or does it have to be sent by post?

Thanks,

N&G

Welcome to the (New Look) Forum N&G.

In response to your questions:
    1 - If the Thai Embassy state either or then you should be good with just the ID card.
    2 - At this time during lockdown I doubt you will be able to collect in person. After lockdown ends then it may be possible but would think that some restrictions would apply, like by appointmenet only.

Others may be able to give you a more detailed and knowledgeable reply.
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

If i can get definitive info about collecting a new passport in person i'll post it here in case it helps someone else.

Comment

Hey, no problem at all. It's what we are here for. If there is anything else that you need, no matter how daft you think the question, just ask. We have heard it all before and nothing is too daft to deserve an answer, if you don't know you don't know, hopefully someone will.

And thanks for saying you will post any definitive answer, that would be great and will, as you say, help anyone else. Hopefully you will stick around and become a regular contributor, no matter what information it might be on.

Good luck and hopefully catch you in the forum again.
        Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

Working...
        X