Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e visa online application

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e visa online application

    Hi - has anybody actually succeeded in making an online application for a Thai visa??

    I'm in the middle of trying to apply for a Non Imm O (90 days) in the hope that I might get a repat flight so I can join the wife. So far I have spent all day trying just to complete the form. They have ridicuosly small file allowances. It's taken me ages just to get my passport and photo down to a size that is acceptable. As for the rest of the supporting documents they require .... again, how on earth do you get a file down to such a small scale at 0.5MB????

    Anyone been through this and can offer any assistance - gratefully received!

    Allan

  • #2
    Originally posted by Allan View Post
    .... again, how on earth do you get a file down to such a small scale at 0.5MB????
    Create a PDF, that should easily be well below .5MB

    The free version of CutePDF Writer will be more than sufficient to do what you need.

    https://www.cutepdf.com/index.htm
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have done it a few times and yes it is a bit of a faff.
      I took photos of each document then used Photoshop to reduce them down to the (yes ridiculous) 0.5MB required.
      Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

      Comment


      • #4
        Cheers Gary. Finally managed to get them done - even if it did take me all day!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I am confused by the T Embassy website. I want to go in January and have flights. Thai wife/ financial information Etc. Want to stay less than 90 days.
          Do I need to apply for O Visa first and the attempt the rest of the procedure. Hotel/travel insurance.
          I too have spent many hours going round in circles trying to get files uploaded and going round in circles.
          Is it just me, or is it really not worth the effort.
          Can anyone please give step by step guide?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Barrington View Post
            Can anyone please give step by step guide?
            Barrington. Try the 'Thai wife urgently wants to return to Thailand' post. I think there was many step by step instructions of how to get in Thailand at this current time i.e. fit to fly certs, insurance etc etc. If you can't find the thread, click on Allan's name above, view his recent posts and find the 'Thai wife urgently.....' and you should find a lot of info in there about what you need to get into Thailand right now.

            "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Barrington View Post
              I am confused by the T Embassy website. I want to go in January and have flights. Thai wife/ financial information Etc. Want to stay less than 90 days.
              Do I need to apply for O Visa first and the attempt the rest of the procedure. Hotel/travel insurance.
              I too have spent many hours going round in circles trying to get files uploaded and going round in circles.
              Is it just me, or is it really not worth the effort.
              Can anyone please give step by step guide?
              Barrington, unless things have changed dramatically in the last couple of months then yes, you will have to apply for a visa of some description. There is no visa exemption (or visa on entry) as before. There is much talk from the Thai Governemnt / Embassy about Special Tourist Visas and / or new type Single Entry Toursist Visa but how reliable either of those routes might be, I have my doubts. There are some pretty punitive financial requirements, particularly for the new SETV. As I have intimated, the situations changes rapidly and often without notice so I'm not certain that a step by step guide is feasible, the way things are.

              A non Imm O based on marriage (90 days) certainly seems (or at least it did when I made my application) the least challenging route to take. However, you say that you want to stay less then 90 days so, perhaps the new SETV may be more appropriate (60 day stay, I believe) if you meet the financial requirements. Don't forget also, there is the 15 night quarantine to book and pay for at a ASQ hotel, before any onward travel.The health insurance to include the Covid element (cover not less than $100,000), the Covid swab test and lab reports plus the Certificate of Entry etc. You have already posed the question yourself; is it worth the effort?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Allan View Post

                A non Imm O based on marriage (90 days) certainly seems (or at least it did when I made my application) the least challenging route to take. However, you say that you want to stay less then 90 days so, perhaps the new SETV may be more appropriate (60 day stay, I believe) if you meet the financial requirements. Don't forget also, there is the 15 night quarantine to book and pay for at a ASQ hotel, before any onward travel.The health insurance to include the Covid element (cover not less than $100,000), the Covid swab test and lab reports plus the Certificate of Entry etc. You have already posed the question yourself; is it worth the effort?

                You don't have to stay 90 days if you get a 90-day Non-O. That is just the maximum obviously.

                Comment


                • #9
                  In addition the new rule for the SETV that you must hold and show statements for 500,000 Baht (£12,800) in a bank account for 6 months prior to the visa application.
                  Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X