Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to get your girlfriend to call them.

Comment

Hi Chaps,

Sorry I'm only just replying to this, I wanted to tell you all that we eventually found an amphur that would marry us with the standard documents listed on the UK gov website it was called Phaya Thai. They did require me to have a translator and it probably took 2 hours and a rigorous interview from the head boss there (very nice lady). Anyway I would recommend going there, you just turned up - there wasn't an appointment system.

@Flip, I have just seen your PM - I would be happy to talk to anyone about my experience if it's helpful. I'm in the UK now and trying to organise a THIRD A1 Life Skills test for my wife. Pretty ❇❇❇❇ed off tbh and I don't blame my wife. Her English is fine - god knows why they failed her - all we got by way of explanation was "below A1". Bloody unhelpful.

Anyway I'm rambling - happy to help if I can be of use.

Comment

Originally posted by besty1985 View Post

Anyway I'm rambling - happy to help if I can be of use.
        Yes, even though mine is sorted now I think this affirmation thing needs putting to bed for the sake of others in the future.

If she has the details, I'm sure the lady from the Consular Section at the embassy will call each Amphur as she did for us. However, I believe she wants to actually speak to someone who has had this problem. When Buriram told my wife they would not accept my affirmation she spoke to both my wife and the Amphur staff.

Do you think your wife would be prepared to talk to her?

Comment

Working...
        X