No announcement yet.

Q about Cert of No Impediment - After being divorced in the UK.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Q about Cert of No Impediment - After being divorced in the UK.

    I am divorced and about to re-marry next year in Thailand.

    I have a copy of my mates 'cert of no impediment' that he used this year, but his circurmstances are that he was a wedding newbie

    1) For those that know, or anyone who is a divorcee then submitted a Cert of No Imp, do you have to bullet point the date of previous marriage, date of divorce etc ? Or do you simply keep it "I am eligible to marry a Thai National according to Thai Law", then attach the Decree of Divorce.

    2) Do you need to get the Decree of Divorce translated before submission to the MFA ?

    Thanks a million guys.


  • #2
    Just use the template from the UK Embassy website and re-type it with your personal details. It gives the option to say "I am divorced". Here is the link......

    From the Embassy website:-

    Please bring with you to the Embassy your passport, as proof of identity, and evidence that any previous marriages have been dissolved/terminated (an appropriate death certificate or divorce certificate [for the UK a decree absolute from the court]



    • #3
      Top man Steve. This is a huge help.
      +1 rep. Much appreciated.

      [MODERATOR EDIT: The content of this post has been edited to remove the unnecessary quote of the entire previous post. Please see this topic for more information regarding use of the 'Quote' feature when posting in the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.]
      Last edited by Tobias; 5 Sep 2012, 12:27.