Any countries issuing Schengen visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any countries issuing Schengen visa?

Hi all, does anyone know if there are any countries currently issuing Schengen visas? Many thanks!

Matt683595 welcome to Thailand-UK, it's always good to see new members join in. Hopefully you'll find us a friendly bunch, ready and willing to share our experiences and to offer help or assistance where we can.

It's very difficult to answer your question accurately on the information you have provided. Obviously international travel is severely restricted at the moment and so the answer to that question will depend on the circumstances of the person needing the visa.

Are you able to share with us the nationality of the applicant as well as where they are currently legally resident? If the applicant is married is the spouse a European Union citizen or EU resident?

Once we have that info we might be able to direct you to the best options - if there are any!
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
    Don't delay in getting your
    COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Hi Tobias, thank you for the welcome, sorry it was very vague, It’s for my Thai girlfriend, she’s had 3 Schengen visas before, one issued by Denmark last year. She’s a Thai citizen, her only residency is Thailand. We are planning temporarily moving the the UK next month, it would be nice to get some winter sun if Europe starts to open up. Many thanks.

Comment

Given your answers Matt683595 I'm afraid there is very little open to you. Perhaps by the time she arrives in the UK Schengen will have opened up, allowing an application then.
        Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
          Given your answers Matt683595 I'm afraid there is very little open to you. Perhaps by the time she arrives in the UK Schengen will have opened up, allowing an application then.
          It used to be the case of applying for a Schengen Visa in the persons country of residence, in this case TH, thus acquiring one before going to the UK (unless of course things have changed) looks like the lady is not a UK resident.
          bangkok mags

Comment

Originally posted by sisaket View Post
            It used to be the case of applying for a Schengen Visa in the persons country of residence ...
            Indeed - I must have had a blonde moment!

Also, Matt683595 have a look at Italy, Portugal and Greece. All three of these countries have very recently opened their borders up to UK travellers. Whether they will accept non-UK residents applying abroad is unclear, but you can certainly ask.
            Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

lets hope spain and greece get desperate and allow everyone because all this covid certificates is a disgrace ,,,,,,,,,,,,i pay nearly £90 for a passport sure they can get the info from that NEW WORLD ORDER ,,,sorry mr
              t ,,,,,it points that way .I for one are not happy about test and isolate i think its a joke .

Comment

Spain have announced they are to start accepting UK citizens again.
                When will I see you again
                When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Originally posted by Gary & Nok View Post
                  Spain have announced they are to start accepting UK citizens again.
                  Just as Germany has banned Brits. I guess it all depends on how desperate each Country is?
                  'Tis me

Comment

Working...
                  X