Thaddeus. I like your style

Leave a comment:

• bobby3101
    replied
    Thanks for all the helpfull advice guys..much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• bristolgeoff
    replied
    can be easier without the blackmail,but you know that as it is the second one.good luck hope you get out of it with not going broke

Leave a comment:

• Thaddeus
    replied
    Ahhhh memories.

Two people, two marriage certificates, two forms of ID, two witnesses and about ten minutes. No legally certified copies of anything.

When the subject of divorce came up with my first, she told me that it was going to be expensive, so I told her that I would get a divorce in the UK without her which was quick and cheap (total lie) and I would be divorced, but she wouldn't (another lie) ..... it went quite smoothly after that.

Leave a comment:

• bifftastic
    replied
    I think the 20,000 baht is protection against her not having 20,000 baht in her purse.

She 'conveniently' has to pay that out first, which you won't be party to, of course. Then you have to 'reimburse' her.

I'd still tell her to go and jump in a hole. I'd also remind her that I could have her put in a hole for a lot less than 20,000 baht. Then I wouldn't need a divorce certificate.

Leave a comment:

• colin244
    replied
    Perhaps the 20,000 baht is protection against the evil mother anyway agree with the above it sounds like a scam but as they say "up to you" and have a good time in LOS after the divorce

colin 244

Leave a comment:

• Terence
    replied
    Hi
    I got divorced in an amphur in Pattaya. Myself and my then wife just turned up, took a ticket, waited for our number to be called then after a bit of form filling which took about 10 minutes we were divorced. The whole thing cost less than £10

Leave a comment:

• Flip
    replied
    Originally posted by Flip View Post
    Whole process took less than an hour at Bangrak Amphur.
    As above, its in Bangkok

Leave a comment:

• bobby3101
    replied
    Flip what ampur did you go to?

Leave a comment:

• Flip
    replied
    All I can tell you is my experience:

No fees (apart from the usual photocopying)

No passport translation

No witness.

Whole process took less than an hour at Bangrak Amphur.

I can't remember why but for some reason its far easier to do if you go to the same Amphur that registered the marriage.

Leave a comment:

• richardb
    replied
    Originally posted by bobby3101 View Post
    Once I get my divorce certificate. Do I need to get this translated and legalised? Would I also need to register this with UK embassy?
    A certified translation is just fine and no you do not register a divorce with the Embassy.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• bobby3101
    replied
    Just to add another point.

Once I get my divorce certificate. Do I need to get this translated and legalised? Would I also need to register this with UK embassy?

Leave a comment:

• bobby3101
    replied
    Thanks for your reply.

The original ampur was somewhere in Khonkaen, and she lives in BKK now, hence we decided to do it there. Her district office said that because my passport is new that it would have to be translated (which makes no sence to me).

Do you think i should just turn up with my passport.. will they just accpet that. I have legalised copies to.

Leave a comment:

• vulcan2
    replied
    I would also be concerned that the price might go up before she signs. So paperwork first then the cash.

Have fun but take care in you comfort zone.;

Biff beat me to it

Leave a comment:

• bifftastic
    replied
    Personally, I'd tell her to go and jump in a hole.

There should be no expenses at all for an amicable divorce in the Amphur.

Protection she says? From what exactly?

Anyway, if you do decide to pay her, make sure it's AFTER you've got the divorce papers in your hands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X