BRP renewal and U18 citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRP renewal and U18 citizenship

Hi good people of TUK, I hope you’re all doing well.
    I have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer and save me hours of trawling the internet.

Firstly, my 18yr old step son lost his BRP card, on the government website I reported it lost and ordered a replacement, but we have to upload bank statements, passport images and return to the UKVCAS centre for fingerprints again. Have I followed the correct procedure? It seemed a long route just to order a replacement card.

Secondly, my wife and I are separated, son lives with her, and daughter (15yr) lives with me (step children to be factual). All three have Indefinite Leave to Remain settlement. To make my daughters life easier in the future, I would like her to gain uk citizenship, but as far as I’m aware that would require her mother to apply for citizenship (which daughter would gain automatically as a minor), or for daughter to apply once she’s 18, which would also require a life in the uk test, under the current rules.
    Is there any other way she could gain citizenship?
    TIA

Originally posted by Scot View Post
    Firstly, my 18yr old step son lost his BRP card, on the government website I reported it lost and ordered a replacement, but we have to upload bank statements, passport images and return to the UKVCAS centre for fingerprints again. Have I followed the correct procedure? It seemed a long route just to order a replacement card.
    Hi Scot
    Not sure if this helps you but is this the Gov.UK website you reported it lost on?
    It does say
    The Home Office will contact you within one working day of reporting it.
    have you been contacted?

Sorry, can't help with your other question but hopefully someone will be able to help soon.
    When will I see you again
    When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Originally posted by Gary & Nok View Post

Hi Scot
      Not sure if this helps you but is this the Gov.UK website you reported it lost on?
      It does say have you been contacted?

Sorry, can't help with your other question but hopefully someone will be able to help soon.
      Thanks Gary, yes that’s where I reported it as lost. I put my sons phone number as the contact and told him he may get a phone call about it. I’ve not heard from him yet although he’s at work most days so will likely miss the call!

Comment

Originally posted by Scot View Post
        … Secondly, my wife and I are separated, son lives with her, and daughter (15yr) lives with me (step children to be factual). All three have Indefinite Leave to Remain settlement. To make my daughters life easier in the future, I would like her to gain uk citizenship, but as far as I’m aware that would require her mother to apply for citizenship (which daughter would gain automatically as a minor), or for daughter to apply once she’s 18, which would also require a life in the uk test, under the current rules.
        Is there any other way she could gain citizenship?
        TIA
        Your understanding of the citizenship pathway is correct, based on what you say there is no other route to citizenship currently available to your daughter.

Tobias - โทเบียส
        Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
        Don't delay in getting your
        COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Working...
        X