Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sopra appointment price

Hi everyone
    We have Just submitted citizenship application form & went to book an appointment & the price was £138! Is that correct? The wife seems to think it’s far too expensive especially as we are downloading all the documents ourselves.
    Has anyone else booked an appointment with sopra recently?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Gibbage

Computer says £138. Yes if thats the option you chose and it may well be the only option you were permitted to choose.

Yes 140ish that is what they charge for not free appointments . If you look at a post of mine maybe two weeks ago you will see that Free appointments are released about 9am each day . Richard

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Thanks for that Richard I will check out your post & consider our options. I have no problem paying the £138 but if we could get a free appointment that would be great!
      Thanks once again
      regards
      gibbage

Comment

Just completed my wifes application for FLR and checked for available appointments with Sopra Steria but none were available at a reasonable cost. I left it for a couple of days and tried again on 19th Feb at 9.00am and found several free appointments available at Birmingham Core Service Centre. I have a free appointment booked and I have also paid for the Scanning Service at a cost of £51.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Steviewander View Post
          Just completed my wifes application for FLR and checked for available appointments with Sopra Steria but none were available at a reasonable cost. I left it for a couple of days and tried again on 19th Feb at 9.00am and found several free appointments available at Birmingham Core Service Centre. I have a free appointment booked and I have also paid for the Scanning Service at a cost of £51.00.
          Well done mate.
          Pleased for you.
          I tried today at 9am no free appointments where i live however the latest ones had dropped to £70.However there were some free appointments in Manchester but that's a little far for us!
          Regards
          gibbage

Comment

I tried in Manchester 2 weeks ago no free ones ,£69.99 just had a nightmare with this and have to do all again so will be total expert end of this week .
            Landed at Manchester on the 16/02/2021 at 10.am was left to wait outside as there are only operating with 1 staff member so 30 mins later wife went in only to be told they could not process her biometrics due to the wrong date of birth on her application just the year it read 2020 ,
            No one any help what so ever for something so simple try getting in touch with a case worker more chance of winning euro millions ,anyway got to talk to a receptionist yes that is what they are and she advised cancel all the application and get a refund which i did only for someone to phone 24 hours later my wife missed the call only left a voice message to say he needs to speak to her left no contact details so that was a dead end .
            Any way just got an email saying the £1349 would be refunded due to not providing biometrics so a bit of good news there .
            I have just sent sopra a email regarding the £69.99 but i am not holding my breath on this one we will see .
            So its back to square 1 for us oh well like i said after i have done it this week i should be good at it just got to check that form before sending .
            BRING BACK THE PEN AND PAPER MOVEMENT

Comment

Hi there - We had to pay £71 I think it was. Yes - I thought it was unfair too, after just paying for the application - the extra fee was not mentioned! Samsung - that sounds a nightmare - hope you get it sorted!

Comment

Under the current Covid Rules I am uncertain if it will be possible to accompany my wife to her Visa and Biometric Appointment. Can anyone advise if this is possible? Sopra Steria state no family are allowed but does this include Applicants partner? I have booked the Scanning service and hoped I could ensure this was done in my presence.

Thanks.

Comment

No, you won't be allowed to accompany your wife into the Sopra Steria biometrics service.

Sopra Steria are operating and enforcing very strict covid secure protocols. Only applicants are being permitted to enter their centres. I had to wait outside for my wife when she went for her ILR biometrics appointment at Lansdown Road (Croydon) in September and then again at Bedford Point (Croydon) at the end of November when she gave biometrics for naturalisation.
                  "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate your prompt clarification.

Comment

Working...
                    X