Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referees for citizenship application

Hello there.

I apologise if this information is already here somewhere but I can't seem to find an up to date clear list of who can be a referee. Does anybody have this?
    It's my understanding that one can be 'anybody' as long as known her for over three yesrs, not convicted in the last ten years, etc, but the other one has to be a person from a certain list.

Could I anybody confirm the exact details or put a link to the guidance?

Many thanks, Mark and Orn

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Comment

Here you go:
      • accountant
      • airline pilot
      • articled clerk of a limited company
      • assurance agent of recognised company
      • bank or building society official
      • barrister
      • chairman or director of a limited company
      • chiropodist
      • commissioner for oaths
      • councillor, for example local or county
      • civil servant (permanent)
      • dentist
      • director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT-registered company
      • engineer with professional qualifications
      • financial services intermediary, for example a stockbroker or insurance broker
      • fire service official
      • funeral director
      • insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
      • journalist
      • Justice of the Peace
      • legal secretary (fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs)
      • licensee of a public house
      • local government officer
      • manager or personnel officer of a limited company
      • member, associate or fellow of a professional body
      • Member of Parliament
      • Merchant Navy officer
      • minister of a recognised religion (including Christian Science)
      • nurse (RGN or RMN)
      • officer of the armed services
      • optician
      • paralegal (certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals)
      • person with honours, for example an OBE or MBE
      • pharmacist
      • photographer (professional)
      • police officer
      • Post Office official
      • president or secretary of a recognised organisation
      • Salvation Army officer
      • social worker
      • solicitor
      • surveyor
      • teacher or lecturer
      • trade union officer
      • travel agent (qualified)
      • valuer or auctioneer (fellow or associate members of the incorporated society)
      • Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers
      If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

FYI we used my friend as one and my cousin who is a driving instructor as the professional person

Comment

This is my view being in the same process and situation as the OP .
          This has been neglected due to not important the government resource company are abusing there trust by charging £100 plus for an appointment to take your wifes fingerprints photo and upload a few documents £140 for 15 mins work .JOKE.
          Lets look do not go out only for work do not mix do not do this do not do that ,covid 19 so this is nearly impossible to do but its not important like ILR or FLM .

Comment

Thank you for all of the responses. We are all sorted now.

Comment

Can anyone confirm for me that if citizenship is applied for at same time for parent and child that the adult referees are fine?
              Or like the photo says I need a referee that has dealt with child in professional capacity.

Child has only been here for just other 2 years and will have ILR when issued.
              I am just pre-empting as I will have to ask college teacher if so but has only known since September.
              I will avoid asking the doctor as I am sure they will charge me.

Comment

DSW727 if like me my doctor retired this year and i have not got a clue who my doctor is as i doubt i see one for at least another 2 years due to you know what .impossible to get a doctors appointment never mind sign anything you do know all repeat prescriptions even new are done via apps and internet to your local pharma .Just think i got laughed at work ,when i said in 20 years you will just scan your leg or arm with your mobile to see if its broke ,,,,,,,,,,,WATCH THIS SPACE

Comment

If you notice Drs are not on that list and were removed some time ago.

Comment

Yes, doctors were removed from the approved signatories list in 2001 at the request of the BMA and Royal Colleges. This was because it was taking up too much clinical appointment time. A doctor can still sign if they know you in a personal capacity as a friend.
                    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

The list seems to be indicative not a definitive list I have used people who met the requirement of knowing the applicant and never had any issues although it seems obvious if you can get someone mentioned that's the safest route.
                      Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

This is a separate question but probably easier just to put on this thread. I probably sound silly but the question 'Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?'

We obviously applied for Settlement, Leave to Remain, Indefinite Leave to Remain.....

Do I need to list these applications or is it just asking if she has applied for citizenship before?

Sorry if I am a pain putting it on this thread but thanks agin for any help.

Mark and Orn

Comment

Yes, you need to list those previous applications.

We listed the dates and details of my wife's original application to enter/settle in UK, her FLR(M) application and then her ILR (SET(M)) application.
                          "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Hi there - Thank you for clarifying. Cheers Mark

Comment

One of the monks at the Thai temple acted as a referee for my wife back in the day. (minister of a recognised religion)

Given that probably 90% of Thai wives in the UK visit the Thai temple regularly (if they are Buddhist) then that is an easy choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X