Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are (approved) driving instructors still okay to use as a referee?

Comment

Originally posted by Gavva View Post
      Are (approved) driving instructors still okay to use as a referee?
      Yep. On the list.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...xa?view=Binary

Nick

Comment

priority
        just found a place NCS which is a 10 minute walk away now at a charge of £80...

Comment

Just for people's info, the Warwick NCS is about £65 if I remember correctly (phoned them a few weeks ago)

Comment

Originally posted by prioritypress View Post
            Applied at Sutton (South London) NCS as the easiest/quickest for an appointment near us.

Lovely and quiet little place. Cheap parking right outside. Arrived at about 10.10 for a 10.30 and seen early.

Friendly registrar called Maureen and out by 11 for a fry-up and a cup of tea.

Highly recommended

Nick
            Money was taken out on the 25th July. Letter dated 25th July arrived today 3rd August confirming payment etc.

Nick

Comment

I have two friends who've recently gained British Citizenship. I can't be certain (and I will ask them as soon as I can) but I've fairly sure they both had a decision within about a month.

Comment

Just spoken to my mate and he confirmed it was about four weeks from sending the application to hearing conformation of British Citizenship and a further two/ three weeks to go to the ceremony where you have to swear allegiance to the Queen and receive the certificate.

Comment

Hoping it's even quicker than that.

A friend of the wife's has had hers confirmed in 3 weeks.

Nick

Comment

These are all pleasantly surprising turn around times. Due to previous experiences with UKBA I wouldn't have expected it to be any quicker than about 3-6 months, so less than 2 months from submission to ceremony sounds pretty good to me

Comment

No confirmation letter yet - but called Chelsea Town Hall and they told me the certificate has arrived today.

Can you book a private ceremony without the number/reference on the letter?

Nick

Comment

Still no letter...

Any ideas?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by prioritypress View Post

Any ideas?

Wait for tomorrows post as it may be down to the royal mail

colin 244

Comment

How does it work?

Do you get a letter from UKBA then an invite from the council?

We want a private ceremony anyway.

Nick

Comment

We were told you receive letter from Home-Office then you contact local council. Our payment was processed 24th July and still waiting. It only been 6 weeks, I don't know who is more excited me of the wife!!

Andy

Comment

We went to NCS on Friday 19th July - our payment went out on the 25th July.

Still no letters. I assume we hear from the council it was sent too (Chelsea) not at Sutton NCS?

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X