Lemongrass Petersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemongrass Petersfield

Anybody know anything about this restaurant? Part of a group with several other restaurants. My daughter just called me to say she has been offered a job there in the kitchen. 290 pounds a week, free food and room. Starting early June.She has been working in Liverpool at a restaurant since December 2019 but of course on furlough for a long time.Just starting back at work,she has zero hours contract in Liverpool and been told that she will get few hours.So looking for a new job,. She says she found the job on a Thai Facebook page. I am just worried it may be a scam. I am in Benin at the moment and trying to get info about the restaurant. Poor internet where I am. I am thinking about calling the place Monday to check before she quits her Liverpool job. Any info or ideas welcome.

Hello Dave , No Thai food in Benin then. The lemongrass group has around 12 restaurants in what I would call prosperous small towns across the South of England , including Petersfield. Good reviews on Trip advisor etc. It is certainly a legit company . £290 per week without knowing terms and conditions, hours , if room and food are benefits for salary and tax and NI so cant say if its a good wage or even a legal wage though given it is a pretty big group it is bound to be. It is though a real restaurant and a real restaurant group . I hope that helps Richard

ps I recently saw on a website/app called Next door that a house in my street does Indian takeaways three times week . And their market can only be word of mouth or the streets around mine. Tech , food delivery takeaway apps just eat etc make it relatively easy for anyone to start a takeaway restaurant that can operate only a few nights a week with no actual restaurant.

Maybe she should / could work for herself.

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Richard, thanks for the info. I called my daughter and it seems legit. She had a phone interview, asked about her training and work in Thailand and Liverpool.
      She travels down end of May/early June.

Comment

Working...
      X