My Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Money

Hey all. I am going to Thai soon to be with the girlfriend (Im 66 she's 55). She has money and her own house and I am planning on staying with here for a few years.
    I want to know what to do with my money.
    I have gov. pension. I have £35000 in one UK bank and £70000 in another UK bank. I am planning to drip feed money into an account in Thai...and yes I know all about medical fees and Visa fees and how much I need to keep in the Thai account etc ... but where or what is the best I can do on keeping the money safe ?
    I want to know what is the best thing to do with my money ?
    cheers for any helpful advice
    dave

I would definitely keep your money in the UK banks, your are afforded far greater protection if things go wrong.

If you have not yet done so, perhaps open a Wise account (formerly TransferWise) and send money over to Thailand as and when you need it.

Given the sums involved, have you prepared a Will?
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
    Don't delay in getting your
    COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Thanks Tobias. Have been using Transferwise for many years. I was hoping someone was going to say about a nice trick with the banks like offshore tax free or something ......but I dream .....
      Yes I will put only what is necessary in Thai Bank and yes I have a will .
      Cheers .

Comment

When I sold my house I had a large amount of money to bank, I put it into the government savings bank called NS&I they used to give a great interest rate, but that’s now come down in line with other high street interest rates, but the good thing is that they will cover 100% of your money unlike other banks that cover up to £80,000, withdrawals from the bank and transfers are easy as well.

Comment

Working...
        X