Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning [tourism advice]

Hello,

Me and my girlfriend are planning to go to Thailand the last 14 days of october.
    We have already several places we would visit. Please comment with any tips and suggestions of what we can achieve. We start in Bangkok.
    Thanks in advance.

Places:
    - Bangkok
    - Kanchanaburi
    - Erewan Falls
    - Wat Arun
    - Chang Mai
    - Pai
    - Kao Yai NP
    - Emerald Cave
    - Ao Nang
    - Kao Sok
    - Koh Lipe
    - Koh Pi Pi
    - Ko Lanta Yai
    - Krabi

Jurgen

Have you considered travelling time and the time needed to absorb and enjoy your experiences? You have at least 3 flights there, as well as bus trips and ferries. And how will you get to see Khao Yai? A couple of hours there and back from Bangkok and that's just for starters? You should have at least a night there.
    'Tis me

Comment

If you manage that lot you will be completely cream crackers. Cut half of it out and enjoy what you do see and miss nothing.
      Just a tip get your Thai bhts in the basement at Bangkok airport at Super Rich for the best rate always more than anywhere else. Have a good time.
      Melnathan

Comment

I always have a big itinerary before I go but then realise that I don’t have the time or the money to fit it all in (the 43 THB rate killed me last year).

I would break down the actual areas or where you want to go in Thailand and then worry out activities from there I.e Bangkok, Chaing Mai and whatever south hub you want to use Phuket / Krabi.

Also is that 14 full days or including travelling there and back home?

Bangkok is great. Used to hate it but spent 7 days there last year and was awesome. Always a downer for
        me when I have to go there as I know I’ll be flying home shortly.

Every time I go Bangkok and Phuket are must go for me. I then have to fit Uthai Thani in to see family and now it’s going to be Nong Khai as well has the wife’s mum has moved there from Ayuthaya.

I always try to go to a province I’ve never been to before each time I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dsw727 View Post
          Bangkok is great. Used to hate it but spent 7 days there last year and was awesome. Always a downer for
          me when I have to go there as I know I’ll be flying home shortly.
          Same for me, when I first started going to Thailand 20 years ago I just wanted to bypass Bangkok. Now I have been married 17 years and with my wife having family in BKK I really look forward to going back, we spend roughly 10 nights in BKK on our trips back to Thailand.

As for the OP, to do that itinerary, I personally would be allocating 21 plus days.
          Our last trip was, 2 nights BKK, 5 nights Da Nang (Vietnam), 7 nights Hua Hin, 2 nights Lop Buri, 3 nights BKK, 2 nights Rayong and finished off with 4 more nights in BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by Dsw727 View Post
            (the 43 THB rate killed me last year).

This year it will kill you quicker
            Lucky

Comment

I still hate Bangkok, I can't see a time when I will love it ! Total chaos and grid-locked 18 hours of the day. Not to mention dirty and smelly in many areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                This year it will kill you quicker
                Too true...the exchange rate of 36-37 was eye watering when I was there last month.
                Pleased i had kept a few thousand baht from my previous trip a couple of years ago!

Comment

Can't believe no one has mentioned 'Pattaya', it's a "World Class Family Resort" you know!!

Comment

Hey,

Yes, these places are just a guidline. I can erase a few. So like this:

- Bangkok
                    - Kanchanaburi
                    - Wat Arun

- Chang Mai
                    - Pai

- Ao Nang
                    - Kao Sok
                    - Koh Lipe of Pi Pi
                    - Krabi

We want a mix of culture-nature-beach. We land the 19th @ 14h00 and leave 2nd of november 9h00.
                    Bangkok max 2days. We can visit Kachannaburi and Wat arun at same time maybe? Then Chang mai (amazing trekking we got from a friend to do). And then the south to visit beaches - snorkeling - Relax.

Jurgen

Comment

Originally posted by skelle11 View Post
                      We can visit Kachannaburi and Wat arun at same time maybe?
                      Jurgen
                      Wat Arun is in central Bangkok, so do that whilst in Bangkok.
                      'Tis me

Comment

Originally posted by skelle11 View Post

We want a mix of culture-nature-beach. We land the 19th @ 14h00 and leave 2nd of november 9h00.
                        Bangkok max 2days. We can visit Kachannaburi and Wat arun at same time maybe? Then Chang mai (amazing trekking we got from a friend to do). And then the south to visit beaches - snorkeling - Relax.

Jurgen
                        You have basically 13 days then in Thailand. By the time you land, go through immigration you will be looking at 4-5ish before your at your BKK hotel.

If your going to head south to the beaches, I would do either Ao Nang or Koh Lipe, I wouldn't be trying to do both, especially if you want to go to Khao Sok. To get from Ao Nang to Koh Lipe will take about 6 hours, taxi then the ferry.

To do Khao Sok, I would get a flight to Surat Thani, then train bus or taxi to Khao Sok. Then head to Phuket and get a ferry or speed boat to Phi Phi. Then depending on how many nights you still have left, get another speed boat to Ao Nang, you then will only be 30 minutes from Krabi Airport to get a flight back to BKK.

Comment

The new Blue line MRT (underground train) takes you to the Grand Palace. Wat Pho,Siam Museum and Wat Arun stations are Sanam Chai for Grand Palace and Wat pho and Wat Arun is Itsaraphp. all do able in a day well maybe not if you include the museum. More vids on You tube giving exits to use and directions.

Comment

Hello,

we have updated our schedule:

19/10 arrive bangkok
                            20/10 visit bangkok
                            21/10 Ayathuya
                            21/10 - 22/10 nighttrain to Chang Mai
                            22/10 Chang Mai
                            23/10-24/10 2 day trip in chang mai
                            25/10 Flight to Khao Sok
                            26/10 - 27/10 2 day overnight Khao Sok tour
                            27/10 Khao Sok - Ao Nang
                            28/10 Ao Nang
                            29/10 Ko Lipe or PhiPhi
                            30/10 Ko Lipe or Phiphi
                            31/10 Krabi to Bangkok
                            1/11 Bangkok
                            2/11 Flight back

Comment

Good luck with jet lag ,heat etc etc. you may want a few days to crash out i.e have a holiday
                              Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Working...
                              X