• Show
Clear All

• Current trip Uthai Thani pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Phil

Phil

Comment

Welcome back. You are both looking well.
      'Tis me

Comment

Thanks Caller [emoji3]

Phil

Comment

Arrived in BKK Sunday have until end of month. Staying in Uthai Thani at moment with my daughter visiting her mum at her house. Then will be flying down to Phuket to stay in a friends villa in Rawai for a couple of weeks before heading back to BKK.

Phil

Comment

Sounds great. Look forward to the travel 'blog'!
            'Tis me

Comment

Drove to nearby Lan Sak to the government offices to get a long overdue Thai ID card for my daughter. Because it was her first one there was no cost involved. The reason behind this was eventually she will inherit the house in Uthai Thani and all the land that goes with it. I did say to her as they took her photograph that she is now in the Thai Army and she has to go next door for a uniform and rifle [emoji3]

Relax time for dad.

Phil

Comment

Out and about today on our motorcycle best way to see the beauty of the countryside.

Phil

Comment

Great photos Phil No doubt similar to yourself, my idea of enjoying life is exploring what the Thai tourist board call 'Hidden Thailand', but not just those, anywhere you can get to under your own steam away from the hustle and bustle. I love stopping by the roadside or on a walk into the hills, thinking this'd make a great photo, and having the time to try to do the place justice so I can look back and remember how much I enjoyed being there. I've been to plenty of places as part of a coach tour and there's no doubt you get to see a lot as you trundle out with the others, take a few photos and back onto the next stop and so on and so forth until you reach journey's end exhausted by it all. I much prefer going it alone or with a friend or two at my own pace and with my thoughts cool and collected.

Comment

My wife is from Huai Khot in Uthai Thani.
                    I've been there several times and really enjoy it. It is great for us to meet up with her family (dad's side) and have a few beers. I need to stay in a hotel though as I can't handle the heat.
                    I've visited the hot springs (which has a massive Buddha statue), Namtok Cyber Waterfall and Wat Tha Sung (glass temple).
                    I was quite lucky to get to see a bit of neighbouring province, Chai Nat last year.
                    Have a great time.

Comment

A long motorcycle trip today out to Samorthong Hot Springs.

Phil

Comment

Side trip on the way back to a stable in Lan Sak , horses and .....tortoise farm.

Phil

Comment

I don't see any sign of crash helmets, do you both not use them ?
                          If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Yes we do which are slotted under the seat after parking [emoji3] unless it’s a short run down quite roads.

Phil

Comment

You both look genuinely super happy! I would to take the kids scratting around northern Thailand on a moped but after an hour or so I end up feeling awful because of the heat!

Comment

Working...
                              X