Money exchange in suvahnhabumi airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money exchange in suvahnhabumi airport

Hi all, I arrived in Bangkok on Saturday morning, went through immigration I didn't get asked to show the 20,000 baht or equivalent, I didn't see or hear anyone else get asked either, went downstairs to the basement to change my money into baht and there's has been some changes...the orange coloured superritch thailand booth is there but has closed, there were directions to it's new location but I didn't bother as I never used them anyway, but the knock on effect was that the green superrich thailand booth had a long line of people waiting, as I was in the queue I looked and saw that the other money exchange booths had the exact same exchange rate (41.25 baht) so I went to another booth and was second in line to be served! There are also two places there now that are selling boat trips etc.
    essex boys

There have been several down by the BTS for a long time, all with the same rate. I have never been asked if I have 20k baht.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Comment

Originally posted by PlymouthNick View Post
      There have been several down by the BTS for a long time, all with the same rate. I have never been asked if I have 20k baht.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -
      Guess you meant Airport Link,.
      bangkok mags

Comment

Thanks for the info mate. I will let my Mrs know, she will be there on Wednesday and intends to use Super Rich.
        If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

there are many around the super rich office that do the same rate

Comment

You get a fraction more for £50 notes but they must be clean. Had no trouble with Superrich a few weeks ago
            Melnathan

Comment

I went to my bank to get £50's when we got married, pretty big main branch as well and they said we have got 6.

Comment

Originally posted by PlymouthNick View Post
                I have never been asked if I have 20k baht.
                I have never been asked either but another 2 reported being denied entry last week. The excuse - not having 20k on their person. Spurious reasons but that's what they are doing it would appear. I'll have my 20k with me next week thanks.

Comment

banks never have many £50s. We always order in advance from Nationwide when the Mrs is going home for visit Maximum she took once was £5000 in nice clean 50s. Also made sure she had withdrawl slip receipt and proof money was paid in from her employer.

Comment

Working...
                  X