Thai Airways flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samsung View Post
    i flew from man to lhr and had a connecting flight on to Thailand own fault didnt look at the carriers only the flight time and connection ended up with a overnight night Qantas from america worst flight i have ever been on .ever and i flown some dodgy airlines .The BA flight from Manchester to LHR was great the change in terminals was poor and not pleasant ...
    The connection to the BA flight is great! You arrive and depart from Terminal 5, no security and you will be airside for your BKK flight within 1-2 minutes of disembarking. There are lots of places to eat and drink whilst waiting for your connection, including reasonably priced options such as Wetherspoons (High Street prices).

I'm not a fan of Terminal 3 (where Qantas and Cathay Pacific depart from) but T5 is good, as is T2 (but you will need to take the airside bus to T2, which I agree is a pain).
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

I have just read that bookings on Thai Airways between Europe and Asia (and some other routes) sold and ticketed from the 1st April 2019 and until further notice will have a baggage allowance of 20k (down from 30k) in the lowest booking classes/cheap seats L, V and W.
      Other classes as yet no change.

Comment

On that basis I think Thai will loose out big time Eva looks favourable and cheaper Will be watching very closely when I next book
        Melnathan

Comment

I read it was the 01/07/19 on the Thai Airways website.
          I did a search online LHR - BKK in July and baggage was still 30kg.

However, domestic flights were 20kg.
          Pretty annoying and it was what made me choose Thai Airways to fly domestic plus the promotions were sometimes cheap than the budget carriers.

My wife likes to go overboard with bringing stuff back and we always need to fit flying to Phuket into our schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
            Yes, there have been some excellent fares from AMS on BA recently - Business Class to BKK can be had for £1200 (exchange rate variations excepted).
            just had a look for ams/bkk/ams out aug 2019 return feb 2020 1440 euros, but need the return for april/may 2020 so will have to wait a few months to look again, but a good price

Comment

Originally posted by Dsw727 View Post
              I read it was the 01/07/19 on the Thai Airways website.
              I did a search online LHR - BKK in July and baggage was still 30kg.
              That's because as said its sold and ticketed from the 1st April, if your quoting now for travel after the 1st then you still get the 30k.

From the 1st April if you quote it will be 20k in the listed classes.

Im definitely reading in some trade news its the 1st April?

Comment

Checked Baggage Policy by Weight Concept applicable to International Sectors within TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) , between TC2 (Europe, Africa, Middle East) and TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand)

Economy 30 kg (66 pounds)
                * Except
                1) RBD L/ V/ W: 20 kg ( 44 pounds) for Ticketing/ Travelling effective on/ after 01 APR 19
                2) RBD G: 20 kg (44 pounds) for Ticketing/ Travelling effective on/ after 01 JUL 19

Comment

But lets be honest amsterdam or Klm are no way near the best places to be .

Comment

Originally posted by Samsung View Post
                    But lets be honest amsterdam or Klm are no way near the best places to be .

Why not ?

Great airport with excellent facilities and cheap airfares, worldwide connections

Easy to get to from Northern England and costs less than train fare to Heathrow
                    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
                      Easy to get to from Northern England and costs less than train fare to Heathrow
                      The only thing that has put me off KLM lately is the use of Air France from Schipol to Charles De Gaulle rather than direct flight to Bangkok. Searching Newcastle to Bangkok regularly has this as the result. Done it once and was not impressed with Air France at all. Never had any complaints with KLM direct to Bangkok though and would certainly use it again
                      We'll never win the Premier League,
                      We'll never win a Cup,
                      We'll still follow UNITED !!

Comment

Originally posted by steve187 View Post
                        just had a look for ams/bkk/ams out aug 2019 return feb 2020 1440 euros, but need the return for april/may 2020 so will have to wait a few months to look again, but a good price
                        It’s a great fare, isn’t it? It’s been around for a couple of years so I don’t expect it to disappear anytime soon. You are normally only able to book flights on BA up to 355 days in advance.
                        Tobias - โทเบียส
                        It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Originally posted by melnathan View Post
                          On that basis I think Thai will loose out big time Eva looks favourable and cheaper Will be watching very closely when I next book
                          Good luck with that, as EVA will be doing exactly the same, but from the 5th March

See here: https://www.evaair.com/en-gb/managin...on/allowances/

Comment

Originally posted by Lister View Post
                            Good luck with that, as EVA will be doing exactly the same, but from the 5th March

See here: https://www.evaair.com/en-gb/managin...on/allowances/
                            Only for ticket class A.

We bought flights on EVA for Mon only last weekend, travelling at the end of March, returning in May. The flight was under £500 and she gets 30kg.
                            If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Working...
                            X