No announcement yet.

Electric Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drax power station is burning roughly the entire UK wood production, shipping in excess of 1 million tons of wood pellets from the States.

As I write, according to the National Grid website, biomass makes up 3.7% of the energy mix while renewables (mainly wind as its now dark) 47% so not really significant. As to whether the 2030 ban on new petrol/diesel sales will happen - who knows. I just want to change from petro/hybrid to electric; for the sake of the environment, because over the long term it is economically advantageous re running and maintenance costs and the all electric cars I have driven have been great. I have PV panels and solar thermal tubes on the roof and am about to install an air source heat pump to run the central heating so buying an electric vehicle is the next logical step for me especially as the charging infrastructure has come on in leaps and bounds here in London

Comment

Surely the Government will just price Petrol / Diesel upwards from 2030 to make the changeover quicker. How are all these folks with no Driveways going to charge their cars, walking down the street will be fun. Thinking of buying myself a little E-Scooter to run my boy to school in the Spring/Summer - cost £400 I'll recoup that in 2 months....(I'm rural so PC Plod doesn't exist)

Comment

Originally posted by prikphet View Post
        Surely the Government will just price Petrol / Diesel upwards from 2030 to make the changeover quicker. How are all these folks with no Driveways going to charge their cars, walking down the street will be fun. Thinking of buying myself a little E-Scooter to run my boy to school in the Spring/Summer - cost £400 I'll recoup that in 2 months....(I'm rural so PC Plod doesn't exist)
        Maybe the government will give some kind of incentive to hand in petrol / diesel vehicles nearer the time to change to electric. i think a while ago they were giving some scrap value for vehicles to motivate the market and get rid of low value cars. My Audi Sline is 5 years old but I do not go anywhere and has 18000 on the clock,think I will hang on very several years before a change. I am not sure of the interior quality of electric as I do like the comfort in a vehicle despite my limited mileage.

Comment

Even the Leaf is pretty comfortable and its as quiet as my E Class estate
          Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Working...
          X