No announcement yet.

Airline ticket refund wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had flights booked for April this year with Etihad. Travel insurance was paid for before the tickets were booked. Paid with PayPal via a third party gent. Etihad cancelled, closed their hub. Thailand closed it's borders.
    The agent referred me to Etihad. Etihad referred me to the agent. Etihad were offering vouchers/re-booking.I was having none of it. Travel insurance advised contacting PayPal. Raised a dispute with them explaining the airline cancelled, closed their hub and destination country closed their borders. PayPal gave me my money back in three days.
    Second internal flights were with Bangkok Airways booked through another agent. Agent themselves notified me that Bangkok Airways had cancelled and they had asked for a refund. I didn't hold out much hope really but after about six weeks they put the money back in my account.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Comment

Originally posted by sisaket View Post
      Re Thai Lion Air: did get an email regarding a refund or flight credit, not interested in flight credit so periodically send emails asking when the refund will happen, also added them to LINE and sent releva
      nt details asking the same.
      Re Nepal Airlines: do follow their updates regarding ticket extensions IE mine would be valid up-to DEC 2021 atm or full refund (penalty free) but cannot get a response to enact a refund, tonight sent 14 emails to various offices hoping one will respond .
      Update:
      Had an email from Thai Lion Air today indicating I will get a full refund, but due to the many cancellations they have had they cannot give a date, but if I wanted could still use the equivalent money on booking future flights lost count of the emails sent with REFUND emblazed on them.
      bangkok mags

Comment

I think that airlines will first start flights, earn profits, and only then start refunding money ..

Comment

Had some good news this week, A hotel booking i made is refunding me with cash. was starting to give up hope.
          Close to the 28th now, so will phone up traveltroley and ask them their process on my refund.
          Can see me going down the credit card chargeback route.
          Will keep you all updated
          Holty

Comment

Originally posted by MariaUA View Post
            I think that airlines will first start flights, earn profits, and only then start refunding money ..
            Thai Lion Air are flying domestically as are Vietjet, Nok Air, AirAsia, Thai Smile and Bangkok Airways who's service BKK to Trat will resume from 2 OCT.
            bangkok mags

Comment

Just thought i would give you all a update
              Contacted my credit card for the chargeback option.
              Have heard nothing as of yet, Was told upto 45 working days,Submitted my claim on the 29th sept
              So fingers crossed i may have my refund soon.

A friend of mine had his refund from Thai airways recently from a April flight. He neved tried the chargeback option.
              Money was refunded by his travelagent Ebookers
              Holty

Comment

Just had refund from KLM about six weeks after applying. Not a bad result. They have not refunded the cost of my seat bookings. I will ask them for this as well. Does anyone know what the position is with regards to seat booking refunds?

Comment

We had flights arranged for March this year to Thailand

Our cheap direct BA flights, which I was well pleased to get for Easter took about 6 weeks to refund through Netflights, easy process

Bangkok Airways took about 14 days to refund flights again easy

Air Asia took about 7 months, they tried a few times to get us to change to a voucher but eventually refund came through. Their online chat process wasn't too bad once you figure out what terms get you through to a real person quickly

Flights with THAI - still waiting for that refund and don't have much hope really.

in contrast the hotel bookings through Agoda were instantly refunded!

First trip to Thailand in 4 years!

We had a great trip planned, Bangkok - Sukhothai - Nan - Chaing Rai - Chaing Mai - Ko Lanta - Krabi - Bangkok

Although I would have preferred a leisurely trip around Issan and Loas along the Mekong [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Tony & Apple; 30 Oct 2020, 22:09.
                  แอนโธนี่

Comment

Had my Thai airways refunded via the chargeback via my credit card. Very impressed and took about 6 weeks in total from my claim.
                    So my advice is to anyone, if your waiting for your flight refund so worth contacting your credit card,And use the chargeback facility
                    Obviously if you booked with your credit card.
                    Holty

Comment

Originally posted by holty View Post
                      Had my Thai airways refunded via the chargeback via my credit card. Very impressed and took about 6 weeks in total from my claim.
                      So my advice is to anyone, if your waiting for your flight refund so worth contacting your credit card,And use the chargeback facility
                      Obviously if you booked with your credit card.
                      Holty
                      Just got a Visa for my wife to come to the UK for 2 months. Booked Qatar to come who charged me in bahts and an exchange fee and a 3% credit card fee. You do not see the credit card fee until you check out but a least this flight you can change without questions. On the return we have booked Thai airways on the Sunday flight which has now been changed from night time to morning and is the repatriation flight. The Thai flight has no flexibility and we shall be keeping our fingers crossed that we will not have to be looking for a rebate next year ! It is all a gamble I think but booking by credit card has got to be the safest way to get your money back, at least I think so

Comment

Working...
                      X