Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary & Nok
    replied
    People getting bent out of shape over this thread. Calm down guys.

A bit of moderation might be in order either to put the record straight or to move any irrelevant items about this thread to another one.

Just saying

Leave a comment:

• Essex boys
    replied
    ❇❇❇❇❇❇

Leave a comment:

• jimmbo60
    replied
    The use of a voucher that has been purchased for use on an airline that is defaulting on loans in a thread where you hand over cash as opposed to using secured forms of payment is not relevant. HOW?
    You are they only one upset "Essex Face" is it.
    Last edited by jimmbo60; 25 Jul 2020, 12:15.

Leave a comment:

• Essex boys
    replied
    Shouldn’t have to ask moderators to move anything, you would think people would use common sense and know it isn’t relevant to the use of an EMD voucher...
    I now know not to bother posting useful info on here any more, so of you go jimmbo60 and find someone else to bother..

Leave a comment:

• jimmbo60
    replied
    If you think it is in the wrong thread ask moderators to move it

Leave a comment:

• Essex boys
    replied
    Well I appreciate that we need to know factual information on flights etc on here, and it’s good to see that people are posting helpful information, but I started the thread to relate my experience of using the EMD voucher, I was hoping that others on here might find it useful, but the thread seems to have been sidetracked by doom and gloom postings which are now taking away from my original post on using the EMD voucher. I appreciate the info on Thai Airways possibly going bust but start another thread on it where the headline will be ‘Thai Airways going bust’ , instead of posting it in my thread where it won’t get seen

Leave a comment:

• jimmbo60
    replied
    Thanks Essex boy I don't have interest in your trip I don't care whether you go or not, If Thai default on billions they would default on 600 or so as well, Therefore it is relevant to having a voucher.

Leave a comment:

• ash
    replied
    I guess everyone is stressed out just now and many posters are venting even more than usual. I just booked a weeks break in Picardy in August travelling on euro tunnel staying in a mobile home , paid by credit card so monies should be safe BUT if things go pear shaped I can afford to take the hit. Similarly I can self isolate as I work from home.

Any factual accurate news re airlines travel firms is useful but wild speculation is not.

Keep safe people and BAZ guess what we are also going to visit Wales but we promise to socially distance

Leave a comment:

• Natty
    replied
    [QUOTE=Essex boys;288392]Just checked my travel insurance and I will be covered if they go broke anyway...the thread is about the use of EMD vouchers so your info has no relevance in this thread, start your own thread about Thai Airways in transport or wherever it’s most relevant./QUOTE]

Kind of is relevant as an EMD would be of no value if Thai go bust.
    My insurance covered me for airline failure when Jet Airways went under but because Jet didn't actually file for bankruptcy or whatever the correct term is I was unable to claim for the lost monies or the 1000 it cost to get us home so its not all cut and dry.

Leave a comment:

• KhunIanB-UK
    replied
    the thread is about the use of EMD vouchers so your info has no relevance in this thread, start your own thread about Thai Airways in transport or wherever it’s most relevant. You obviously spend hours of your time looking for negatives regarding my trip to post on the thread...some people eh, got nothing better to do
    Could well be relevant if Thai Airways go under completely from what has been posted.

I would have expected more of a post saying thanks for the heads up and even though it may cost me a few hundred pounds I can afford it but be warned all you others that can't!!

All information on here is greatly appreciated by me even though I don't think I or family will be travelling outside of our city for a long while yet, let alone abroad, so thanks for keeping us informed just in case the option does arise. Thank you one and all.

Leave a comment:

• Essex boys
    replied
    Just checked my travel insurance and I will be covered if they go broke anyway...the thread is about the use of EMD vouchers so your info has no relevance in this thread, start your own thread about Thai Airways in transport or wherever it’s most relevant. You obviously spend hours of your time looking for negatives regarding my trip to post on the thread...some people eh, got nothing better to do

Leave a comment:

• Essex boys
    replied
    So what...if they go broke and I lose my money who cares, I will just buy a ticket with another airline, few hundred quid won’t break my bank..

Leave a comment:

• jimmbo60
    replied
    https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...worth-of-loans

Thai Airways defaults on $3.1bn worth of loans

Thai Airways International (TG, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) has formally defaulted on a wide range of loans and debentures totalling around THB 98.5 billion baht (USD 3.1 billion).

Last edited by jimmbo60; 24 Jul 2020, 15:26.

Leave a comment:

• Essex boys
    replied
    I have dual nationality so I have a Uk passport and an Irish passport....

Leave a comment:

• jimmbo60
    replied
    Just wondering if the Thai embassy is holding on to your passport

Leave a comment:

Working...
X