No announcement yet.

Thai airways EMD [Travel Voucher]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they have cancelled your outbound you have the choice of either a full refund or to rebook the entire journey to a future date.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Well, had an email from the Thai consulate in Hull this afternoon telling me they are returning my passport and visa fee, as the Thai embassy in London has refused to issue it because they are only allowing people married to a Thai, those with children in Thailand and those with work Permits to travel, ok I understand that, but when they issue the visa in your passport you have 3 months in which to use it, in the email from the consulate in Hull they said that the present situation may not change for a further 4 weeks which would tie in with international flights possibly beginning at the start of September, so why didn’t the embassy just issue the visa? They know when I’m flying (hopefully) as I put the flight information on the form, that would give me plenty of time to use the visa....I have sold my house in London and will be going to France on the 27th July I was hoping the passport would have the visa stamped in before I went, so it’s more grief now to get the visa!

Comment

Originally posted by Essex boys View Post
        situation may not change for a further 4 weeks which would tie in with international flights possibly beginning at the start of September, so why didn’t the embassy just issue the visa?
        I guess until the situation does change then they can't issue the visa.
        We'll never win the Premier League,
        We'll never win a Cup,
        We'll still follow UNITED !!

Comment

Well strangely enough after I emailed the embassy asking them to issue the visa because if they put the start date as the 14th September ( my flight date) it will be valid until the 14th December for me to use, they emailed me this morning saying they could hold onto my passport and if flights can resume end of august they will issue the visa and send the passport to my friends address in the Uk, then I can pick my passport up on the way to Heathrow

Comment

Thought you were going to France at the end of the month

Comment

Yep I’m off to France on the 27th July then I’m driving back to the Uk on the 10th September (if my flights not cancelled) I’m staying in a hotel near Heathrow for a few nights and my friend is going to buy my car...he is the same bloke who will hold onto my passport for me

Comment

Just wondering if the Thai embassy is holding on to your passport

Comment

I have dual nationality so I have a Uk passport and an Irish passport....

Comment

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...worth-of-loans

Thai Airways defaults on $3.1bn worth of loans

Thai Airways International (TG, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) has formally defaulted on a wide range of loans and debentures totalling around THB 98.5 billion baht (USD 3.1 billion).

Last edited by jimmbo60; 24 Jul 2020, 15:26.

Comment

So what...if they go broke and I lose my money who cares, I will just buy a ticket with another airline, few hundred quid won’t break my bank..

Comment

Just checked my travel insurance and I will be covered if they go broke anyway...the thread is about the use of EMD vouchers so your info has no relevance in this thread, start your own thread about Thai Airways in transport or wherever it’s most relevant. You obviously spend hours of your time looking for negatives regarding my trip to post on the thread...some people eh, got nothing better to do

Comment

the thread is about the use of EMD vouchers so your info has no relevance in this thread, start your own thread about Thai Airways in transport or wherever it’s most relevant. You obviously spend hours of your time looking for negatives regarding my trip to post on the thread...some people eh, got nothing better to do
                          Could well be relevant if Thai Airways go under completely from what has been posted.

I would have expected more of a post saying thanks for the heads up and even though it may cost me a few hundred pounds I can afford it but be warned all you others that can't!!

All information on here is greatly appreciated by me even though I don't think I or family will be travelling outside of our city for a long while yet, let alone abroad, so thanks for keeping us informed just in case the option does arise. Thank you one and all.

Comment

[QUOTE=Essex boys;288392]Just checked my travel insurance and I will be covered if they go broke anyway...the thread is about the use of EMD vouchers so your info has no relevance in this thread, start your own thread about Thai Airways in transport or wherever it’s most relevant./QUOTE]

Kind of is relevant as an EMD would be of no value if Thai go bust.
                            My insurance covered me for airline failure when Jet Airways went under but because Jet didn't actually file for bankruptcy or whatever the correct term is I was unable to claim for the lost monies or the 1000 it cost to get us home so its not all cut and dry.

Comment

I guess everyone is stressed out just now and many posters are venting even more than usual. I just booked a weeks break in Picardy in August travelling on euro tunnel staying in a mobile home , paid by credit card so monies should be safe BUT if things go pear shaped I can afford to take the hit. Similarly I can self isolate as I work from home.

Any factual accurate news re airlines travel firms is useful but wild speculation is not.

Keep safe people and BAZ guess what we are also going to visit Wales but we promise to socially distance
                              Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Thanks Essex boy I don't have interest in your trip I don't care whether you go or not, If Thai default on billions they would default on 600 or so as well, Therefore it is relevant to having a voucher.

Comment

Working...
                                X