Thai airways EMD [Travel Voucher]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai airways EMD [Travel Voucher]

Morning all, I have tried using the EMD receipt to book a flight later in the year, I have phone all the following numbers without any success

customer service 0207-79079548 it did ring and I have left a message
    LHR office. 0208-9767911 rang twice made a high pitched tone then nothing
    reservations and ticketing 0207-4091463 went dead straight away
    royal orchid plus 0207-9079532 went dead straight away

im going to send an email to each office and see what the response is at the moment I'm beginning to think that they have closed these offices because they can't afford to staff them, and I'm thinking that these EMD receipt are not going to be honoured.

if anyone has anymore numbers for thai airways in the uk could you let me know please.
    many thanks
    essex boys

Give their Bangkok office a try: Tel: +662 3561111
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Just to update this thread, I have had an email from the royal orchid plus supervisor in the uk, they are all working from home, it's a long drawn out process as she is not responding to my emails very quickly so there are long delays in communication, they were trying to impose a 'ticket issuing surcharge' as I wasn't booking on line, then she tells me that you can't use your EMD online as they don't have the facility on the website to use them!! So I said well that's not my problem I have an EMD issued by you and I want to use it! She has now matched the online price, but I cannot pay online I have to do a direct bank transfer into the Thai airways bank account! This all seems bloody sketchy to me, I'm now waiting her response to my last email saying I want to book today and will I be able to do seat selection etc under the 'manage my booking' tab as I would if I had booked online...by the way she wanted to charge me an extra £81 'ticket issuing charge' after this fiasco I won't be flying Thai airways ever again

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

And now the communication has completely stopped! I'm asking how I will get my ticket issued and how will I get a booking reference number I want to know if she wants me to pay the money into the Thai airways bank account in London? So far no response to my questions....this is the very last time I bother with Thai airways complete farce dealing with this lot

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Well I totally give up now! She has not responded to any of my emails regarding booking and payment! Typical Thai attitude of 'not my problem ' well it will be her problem when people fly with other carriers and her services are no longer required! So just to clarify, you cannot use your EMD online and if you book over the phone or email then they will charge you a 'ticket issuing fee'

Comment

This sort of behaviour is disgraceful, I realise airlines are having it tough, perhaps more so than other businesses. That doesn't excuse them for trying to unfairly (and against EU law) charge customers for rebooking after cancellations.

Essex Boys, the UK Government has set up website (the Competition and Markets Authority) for people to report a business you believe is behaving unfairly during the Coronavirus outbreak. What Thai (and EVA) are doing is against what is allowed in the current circumstances.

You can file a complaint here: https://www.coronavirus-business-com...ervice.gov.uk/
        Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Thanks Tobias I will certainly be complaining.

update on the voucher redemption, after literally 4 hours of communication only by email, I emailed the woman and suggested she call me, which to my surprise she did, I explained to her that the email instructions that she sent me were unclear on how to proceed and how I would get a receipt and electronic ticket and booking reference, so she explained what the process was, we then reverted back to email conversation ( she explained on the phone that the delay in emailing me was because she was having her 1 hour lunch break! Even though she is working from home!) she finally sent me a booking reference and a revised ticket price, this price included the reduction by using my EMD, there were also bank account details enclosed in the email to make the payment, I done a bank transfer From my account to Thai airways account in Citibank in Canary Wharf, I took a screenshot of the approved payment and I then attached this to an email telling her the payment was made, about 20 minutes later I received confirmation from her that I had paid within the next 20 minutes I got my eticket and a proper cash payment receipt from Thai airways, so it looks like I am now good to go.
          but I would say if you are going to use your EMD then be prepared for a lot of faffing around with emails, also be aware that you cannot use your EMD for online booking they do not have a facility on the booking site to process the EMD. Also be aware that when you call or email to use your EMD they will charge you a 'ticket issuing fee' she wanted to charge me an extra £81.00 I protested about that and she never charged me. So proceed with caution when you book a ticket and use your EMD
          hope this hasn't bored you all too much, I guess some people will find the information useful.
          many thanks
          essex boys

Comment

A question As you paid by cash (bank transfer). Is your payment safe as if you used a credit/debit card in case you need a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbo60 View Post
              A question As you paid by cash (bank transfer). Is your payment safe as if you used a credit/debit card in case you need a refund.
              Sadly not.
              Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                Sadly not.
                I thought as much. Lets hope Thai Airways don't play silly beggers

Comment

Yes, I did consider all that when I was transferring the money, maybe I should have waited, let's hope my money is safe....

Comment

Thai airways are not flying out of the UK until the end of August 20
                    This information is on the Thai website.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just reading the loyalty lobby and it reads Thai airways are grounded.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/07/11/...nth-of-august/

Comment

Yep, grounded until the end of august, my flights middle of September so I’m hoping they start flying by then

Comment

Wish I had your confidence. We are hoping to fly out on 10th December but already resigned to the fact it won't happen
                          We'll never win the Premier League,
                          We'll never win a Cup,
                          We'll still follow UNITED !!

Comment

We're going to get a second wave of this virus by November. So I can see no more flights until next year.

Comment

Has anyone else had this from Thai airways.
                              They've cancelled my outgoing flight from LHR-BKK but not the return journey from BKK -LHR.

Comment

Working...
                              X