Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Airways Flights to Thailand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • British Airways Flights to Thailand

    Does anyone know what is happening with British Airways bookings. I have had 3 cancellations, the last one an hour after they sent me the confirmation and now they tell me that there is another flight available on the same day. Am worried about booking this as they may cancel again

  • #2
    Welcome to the forum, Kanchanarat Holloway. What dates are the flights in question?
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

    Comment


    • #3
      21st APRIL, 1st JULY and 2nd of JULY although I see that they have other flights available on the 2nd but I am loath to book in case they cancel again. On the strength of my last booking my husband booked his flight to Spain and now will loose his money because my flight is cancelled and he is worried about leaving me alone in the UK so will cancel the Spanish flight.

      Comment


      • #4
        Had a flight booked to leave Bk on the 6th of July and it was cancelled. Just booked the 8th of August. See what happens this time.
        Think they might just be leading us on as a blind to having our money in their hands.

        Comment


        • #5
          You are luck, EVA air wanted 200 pound extra to rebook after they cancelled. BA at least will keep the price for you matey. Cheers and good luck
          Originally posted by Dippychippy View Post
          Had a flight booked to leave Bk on the 6th of July and it was cancelled. Just booked the 8th of August. See what happens this time.
          Think they might just be leading us on as a blind to having our money in their hands.

          Comment


          • #6
            Loads of people are having problems with flights being cancelled. I will post a link to the civil aviation authority website specifically the long haul page as mostly people on here will be flying to/from Bangkok.

            https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/Cancellations/Long-haul-cancellations/


            Personally, I’m hoping I will get a full refund for my mother in laws cancelled flight. It was £600 overall.

            It’s also interesting that EVA sent our cancellation email 14 days and 2 hours before the flight departed. Just keeping them outside the window of compensation claims. Although this point is invalid anyway as I would imagine at the moment they would claim it as exceptional circumstances (even if it wasn’t!!).
            Last edited by walshie; 9 Jun 2020, 07:46.

            Comment


            • #7
              Not really connected to the topic of this thread, other than it is regarding British Airways
              I have been keeping an eye on flight costs in the hope that we can get out to Thailand for Christmas / New Year. I would normally only use Emirates as they are very convenient from Newcastle but, around 6 weeks ago, skyscanner returned British Airways as cheaper. Flight from Newcastle to Heathrow, couple of hours connection, then direct to Bangkok. I checked on BA website and everything was ideal, would have booked there and then had it not been for the uncertainty.
              The BA price hast stayed exactly the same for the whole time I have been watching, whereas Emirates fluctuates massively, so much so that having been more expensive back then Emirates (as of today) is now giving me a saving of just over £200 per person, am I pleased I never booked !!
              To get to the point, those that fly with BA, does the price tend to not move at all or is it worth keeping tracking it
              We'll never win the Premier League,
              We'll never win a Cup,
              We'll still follow UNITED !!

              Comment


              • #8
                As an aside we finally received a full refund from Carnival cruises (P and O) after 3 month plus perseverance seems to be the key.
                Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by N Barton View Post
                  Not really connected to the topic of this thread, other than it is regarding British Airways
                  I have been keeping an eye on flight costs in the hope that we can get out to Thailand for Christmas / New Year. I would normally only use Emirates as they are very convenient from Newcastle but, around 6 weeks ago, skyscanner returned British Airways as cheaper. Flight from Newcastle to Heathrow, couple of hours connection, then direct to Bangkok. I checked on BA website and everything was ideal, would have booked there and then had it not been for the uncertainty.
                  The BA price hast stayed exactly the same for the whole time I have been watching, whereas Emirates fluctuates massively, so much so that having been more expensive back then Emirates (as of today) is now giving me a saving of just over £200 per person, am I pleased I never booked !!
                  To get to the point, those that fly with BA, does the price tend to not move at all or is it worth keeping tracking it
                  Do check that the price is right Ba are charging around £100 per checked back either way on top of the skyscanner price .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Samsung View Post
                    Do check that the price is right Ba are charging around £100 per checked back either way on top of the skyscanner price .
                    No, BA charge £30 for a bag each way if you buy the basic fare. If you buy a normal standard fare you get one bag free per person.
                    Tobias - โทเบียส
                    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                      No, BA charge £30 for a bag each way if you buy the basic fare. If you buy a normal standard fare you get one bag free per person.
                      Yes MR T this is correct now.
                      But was not last week ?????????
                      They offered me free checked to Bangkok and £88 pound for each checked bag back to the UK last week .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No, that's been the price since they introduced the 'basic' fare option. The £30 is the difference in fare between the basic fare (which does not include bags) and the standard fare (which does include a bag). This option must be chosen at the time of booking. ba.com is very clear which fare is which and what is (and is not) included.

                        You are probably referring to the 'additional bag' charge, so for those who wish to take a bag over their allowance.
                        Tobias - โทเบียส
                        It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i am not sure MR T it could have been with the misses included and this was with a third party as well not BA web site ,but certainly cheaper this week ,

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Been watching for a couple of months now and been no change.
                            Skyscanner quote the cheapest, that's why I always check on the airlines website. What Skyscanner fail to tell you is that this super price they are quoting is Economy Basic which includes hand luggage only. The next level up is Economy Standard which includes 1 bag at 23kg and is £30 more expensive. Then there is Premium Economy which gives you 2 bags at 23kg plus a better seat (wider and more leg room). Obviously quite a bit more expensive.
                            These prices haven't moved 1 penny in the time I have watched them
                            We'll never win the Premier League,
                            We'll never win a Cup,
                            We'll still follow UNITED !!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=N Barton;287556]Been watching for a couple of months now and been no change.
                              Skyscanner quote the cheapest, that's why I always check on the airlines website. What Skyscanner fail to tell you is that this super price they are quoting is Economy Basic which includes hand luggage only. The next level up is Economy Standard which includes 1 bag at 23kg and is £30 more expensive. Then there is Premium Economy which gives you 2 bags at 23kg plus a better seat (wider and more leg room). Obviously qu

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X