No announcement yet.

New Tollway from Korat to Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motorway was actually being used for at least part of the holiday period. At least the section that follows the reservoir up to somewhere around Pak Chong was. We travelled to Korat early Saturday on the 16th from Bkk without any real issues, but it was a different picture when we returned Monday afternoon and into night. I have no idea how or where you got on and off. But it was deeply frustrating to see the free flowing traffic passing by until the traffic merged after the Pak Chong junction, but from memory, before Chok Chai farm.
    'Tis me

Comment

Yes, they said some sections would be opened for the holidays.

The section from about 3 miles east of Pak Chong up to and beyond Lamtakhong Dam has been completed for a long time and is now growing weeds but I suspect that was the section you are refering to.

I think you may be a little off as to where you were as there are several breaks in the road between the interchange west of Pak Chong and Choc Chai. I don't seem to be able to post photos but you can see the gaps here (I'm near Makro Pak Chong):

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!4d101.3485289

Comment

Yes, youre riight. It was before not after Khao Yai junction. They had actually reduced highway 2 to 2 lanes on that section, to enable 1 lane for use by traffic coming off the new motorway. It has to be that, as there is nothing else to explain such a large volume of traffic merging at that location. Thanks for posting the map, makes the route of the new motorway much clearer.
        'Tis me

Comment

Working...
        X