Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling and DJing

Hi all.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I would like to ask some advice.

My son is a DJ/ musician and has about another year studying and he is looking to go travelling. Hopefully there may the option to do that then although I understand none of can really say for sure.

With my wife being Thai and I having some contacts there I think I could get him set up with somewhere to stay on one of the islands with the chance to DJ a bit. He could maybe stay there for a few weeks or months and maybe move on (although once I got to LOS I never got any further ha ha).

Has anybody experience of doing that?
    I know I would have to sort a visa for him to stay longer but is there a problem with him actually playing out there with regards to visas? (I have heard stories of foreigners being fined or whatever for decorating homes or something.)

I just don't want him to run into any problems.

I would be most grateful for any advice.

Thank you, Mark

When is he planning on travelling and would he be taking any equipment with him?
    'Tis me

Comment

The first thing he would probably need is a work permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackem Stu View Post
        The first thing he would probably need is a work permit.
        Needs the correct Visa before applying for a WP, for example NON IMM B.
        bangkok mags

Comment

Is he half Thai? Does he not have a Thai passport? Can you get him one? If not then it's the visa rout and work permit. Personally I don't see Thai tourism hitting great numbers for some years yet, flights aren't very appealing especially long haul ones and vaccines aren't 100% effective.

Comment

Hi Marky. My view is that visas are not the issue . I did things when I was younger that I can hardly believe. I am lucky. Nowadays I am a bit of a cautious chap . 20 or so years old. DJ, Thailand, Islands what could possibly go wrong? A whole load . Musician and DJ . Do something unique . Take the mac pro and some mics to the country side

I have posted in recent month a few links to Thai 70's Funk and 60's Rock. Your lad could go down that wormhole for months. But why not make some music , not in the Islands .

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Hi All - He would be going or setting off around Sept onwards 2022. I think richardb looks about right - I am thinking it from a bloke's perspective - not a 19/ 20 year old and could be perfect or go horribly wrong!
              Food for thought and we have plenty of time to plan things.
              Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS View Post
                Is he half Thai? Does he not have a Thai passport? Can you get him one? If not then it's the visa rout and work permit. Personally I don't see Thai tourism hitting great numbers for some years yet, flights aren't very appealing especially long haul ones and vaccines aren't 100% effective.
                No - he is 100% farang. Appreciate that after the last year and half we do not know what the world will look like in a year or so, but I am pretty certain I would rather be in LOS than in UK!

Comment

With luck, the whole Country will have been vaccinated by 9/22.I think it's about 1% at the moment.
                  'Tis me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by caller View Post
                      With luck, the whole Country will have been vaccinated by 9/22.I think it's about 1% at the moment.
                      NYT: Covid World Vaccination Tracker. Hover mouse over the country IE Thailand.
                      https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html
                      bangkok mags

Comment

Here is an idea . He could spend some time travelling round some of the Camillian Homes https://www.camillianthailand.org doing music therapy or at least teaching the kids about music, beats etc. . People would probably even gofundme . Would look good on a CV too. Worth a look. Richard
                        It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Thank you Richard.

Comment

Working...
                          X