Excepted travel Insurance for Thailand pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excepted travel Insurance for Thailand pass

I am aware of the Thai Embassy recommended insurance companies, Axa and Luma which in my opinion offer wofully inadequate insurance.Particularly for repatriation. I know that other companies are acceptable providing they meet the criteria of $10,000 for covid cover but I have some minor health issues that I usually disclose when buying travel Insurance. This doesn't effet the cost very much but does offer related cover. I also note that quotes for annual insurance are cheaper than single trip policies. My friend is running into trouble finding the part in his policy wording that states the exact wording that offers over 10,000 cover to apply for the Thai Pass to forward to them. My wife and I are going in August so I am shopping for Insurance at the moment. I was attracted to an Axa uk based policy but this is the very policy my friend is having problems with. Can some others please state policies on this site that they have had accepted by the Embassy. nb thanks to the one member in a previous post that stated is Admiral policy was accepted.

Covid insurance cover is no longer a requrement (see the FAQ's that currently exist on the Thailand Pass FAQ link). I used Puffin Insurance for a recent 90 day trip (they do longer or shorter). They do include declared underlying medical conditions and were very helpful in providing a cover note that was worded in line with the ten Tlailand Pass requirements.

AXA (UK/rest of the world) are no longer taking on any new travel insurance applications, other than whatever basic insurance policies currently exisits in Thailand. Oddly enough though Puffin Insurance is underwritten by "Inter Partner Assistance S.A." which is part of AXA-Assistance!
    "Don't buy the sun"

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
      Covid insurance cover is no longer a requrement (see the FAQ's that currently exist on the Thailand Pass FAQ link). I used Puffin Insurance for a recent 90 day trip (they do longer or shorter). They do include declared underlying medical conditions and were very helpful in providing a cover note that was worded in line with the ten Tlailand Pass requirements.
      Gents could I butt in and ask are/were you referring to a joint insurance policy to include your wife? I'm searching for a travel insurance policy for 30 days which will give cover my wife of 4 years' residence in the UK as well as myself (i.e. she hasn't reached ILR status, but so far thet seem to only cover UK residents, which she does not qualify as, yet.)

Sorry to jump on your post,If not I'll put up a new post.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil & Phanwipa View Post

Gents could I butt in and ask are/were you referring to a joint insurance policy to include your wife? I'm searching for a travel insurance policy for 30 days which will give cover my wife of 4 years' residence in the UK as well as myself (i.e. she hasn't reached ILR status, but so far thet seem to only cover UK residents, which she does not qualify as, yet.)

Sorry to jump on your post,If not I'll put up a new post.

Cheers.
        I just insured my wife and i with Admiral Insurance. They required my wife to have been in the UK for at least 6 months with a residency permit. They do not speifically quote the amount of COVID cover though so I have emailed them about this

Comment

Originally posted by Phil & Phanwipa View Post
          ...she hasn't reached ILR status, but so far thet seem to only cover UK residents, which she does not qualify as, yet.)
          Surely she is still classed as a resident here regardless of her ILR status. This is now her permanent country of residence.

No doubt I will be told I should know better.
          Only took 2 and half years. Thai Air finally coughed up my 2020 cancelled flight dosh

Comment

Working...
          X