Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 60-Year-Old Scientific Screwup That Helped Covid Kill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 60-Year-Old Scientific Screwup That Helped Covid Kill.

A quote from: Wired.
    ''ON FRIDAY, APRIL 30, the WHO quietly updated a page on its website. In a section on how the coronavirus gets transmitted, the text now states that the virus can spread via aerosols as well as larger droplets. As Zeynep Tufekci noted in The New York Times, perhaps the biggest news of the pandemic passed with no news conference, no big declaration. If you weren’t paying attention, it was easy to miss''
    The full article is available here:
    https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...ed-covid-kill/
    bangkok mags

Thanks for posting this. I finally got round to reading it today and I found it a fascinating read.

Maybe all the contradictory thinking over masks - no need for them, then confusion, then acceptance -, and the role of good ventilation, would've been avoided if such stupidly dogmatic insistence on scientific received wisdom had been more easily receptive to people challenging orthodox opinion. Too-proud-to-admit-they're-wrong scientists on their high horses!

Comment

I think part of the problem was that, initially, it was believed those who had the virus were only infectious if they were symptomatic. I do remember back in the spring of 2020 where we (in the UK at least) were told that the virus could be spread via aerosols as well as larger droplets. IIRC we discussed it in this forum at the time.
      Tobias - โทเบียส
      Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
      Don't delay in getting your
      COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruit Machine View Post
        Thanks for posting this. I finally got round to reading it today and I found it a fascinating read.

Maybe all the contradictory thinking over masks - no need for them, then confusion, then acceptance -, and the role of good ventilation, would've been avoided if such stupidly dogmatic insistence on scientific received wisdom had been more easily receptive to people challenging orthodox opinion. Too-proud-to-admit-they're-wrong scientists on their high horses!
        I first read the article from a link in a discussion board from the American Industrial Hygiene Association (I am an International Member).I was also fascinated in reading it, as of course involves masks and lungs,I wrote a dissertation:Occupational Lung Diseases in the Bangkok Metropolitan Region. So I have a little knowledge how of how dusts, particulate matters, aerosols etc enter the lungs (but focused mainly on Pneumoconiosis).
        Hats off to Linsey Marr and group, they never gave up.

bangkok mags

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
          I think part of the problem was that, initially, it was believed those who had the virus were only infectious if they were symptomatic. I do remember back in the spring of 2020 where we (in the UK at least) were told that the virus could be spread via aerosols as well as larger droplets. IIRC we discussed it in this forum at the time.
          Regardless of scientific reports having seen the Chinese and Italian medical staff dressed up in radiation outfits and COVID ill people locked behind closed doors and ambulances filling the streets in Italy as well as the Italian Prime Minister writing a letter directly to Boris to encourage him to take action you would think someone would have taken the hint that this disease may be infectious whether people were symptomatic or not. It was pretty plain to my wife and I in Bangkok early March 2020 and we are not scientists. I suppose you could say that we just took a wild guess. I really hope people are not fooled by Boris' rhetoric and perpetual lying which has become the norm in government now and unfortunately seen as the norm without complaint by many of UK people it seems. Boris number one is money and not lives. He even delayed the red lighting of India for money. Sorry maybe like Boris I should just draw a line under it, it seems to work for him

Comment

A room, a bar and a classroom: how the coronavirus is spread through the air.
            We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Comment

Working...
            X