Covid Vaccination in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Bangkok Post:

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said he was unaware of the royal order before it was published.

"I just saw the announcement last night," Mr Anutin said when asked about it during a local television interview.

"But if it is a benefit to the country, we are ready."

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Thursday the academy had to issue the announcement so it could qualify to import drugs and medical equipment and supplies.

“But this does not mean it can do so freely — it will have to comply with related laws in full, such as seeking approval from the Food and Drug Administration.”

Princess allows new vaccine imports (bangkokpost.com)

Interesting that Govt. policy can be just brushed aside.

Of local interest is that my friend and neighbour registered for the vaccine earlier at one of the Malls here and his appt is for 7th July. My turn tomorrow, I have the form to complete and copy of my passport and will attend at the registration centre at Bluport @ 10.30. Not bad considering the Govt announced that farangs can register from the 7th of next month. This is for AZ. I think Thailand has just about run out of sinovac.

'Tis me

Comment

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/s...e-b937069.html

Interesting Vaccine choices here also.

Comment

Originally posted by prikphet View Post
        https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/s...e-b937069.html

Interesting Vaccine choices here also.
        To provide context of prikphet's link:
        "The current high case rate has been attributed to people letting their guard down over Easter, according to the country's tourism board.

Around 33 per cent of those infected in the Seychelles have been fully vaccinated. The island is using the AstraZeneca vaccine, the Chinese-made Sinopharm, as well as the Russian Sputnik V.

While Covid vaccines dramatically decreases mortality rate, it is less effective against contracting Covid.

Indeed, around 80 per cent of those hospitalised had not been vaccinated at all, and the majority had underlying health conditions.

Murray Collins, Director of Blue Safari Seychelles, slammed media scaremongering for damaging the island's economy.

The spike in positive Covid-19 cases in the Seychelles are from those people who have not been vaccinated or those with comorbidities, he told Telegraph Travel."

Tobias - โทเบียส
        Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
        Don't delay in getting your
        COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Well, I have an appointment for my first vaccine jab at Hua Hin Hospital @15.00 on 7 July. Let's now see if it happens.
          'Tis me

Comment

Good luck, Caller. Mine has been cancelled due to me being a foreigner.

On Thai TV yesterday they were saying another person had unfortunately died shortly after having Sinovac vaccine. I don't know if it has anything to do with the vaccine at all and I can't find anything in English about it or other cases in the past. I did read some time ago there may be issues with women taking the "pill" and being vaccinated. I know there were many people fainting when being inoculated but they put that down to stress.

It looks like the vaccine being purchased by the Chulabhorn Institute is going to be Sinopharm which does appear to be a more effective vaccine than Sinovac and HAS been approved by the WHO. Unfortunately I have trust issues with anything from China at the moment so I certainly won't be at the front of the queue to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS View Post
              Good luck, Caller. Mine has been cancelled due to me being a foreigner.

On Thai TV yesterday they were saying another person had unfortunately died shortly after having Sinovac vaccine
              Hua Hin is seeking to innoculate 70% of it's population asap to allow vaccinated foreign tourists to travel to the town. Quite how they will get there is anyone's guess. The vaccine is AZ. The registration at the Malls is specifically aimed at foreigners. Although lots of foreigners that live here or spend European winters here, still can't get back, the Thai population has noticeably declined. They will need the expats that are here to get to that 70%. I did my registration at Bluport and it was quite disconcerting to see so many farangs in one place. It took about an hour to complete the process and then I had to return later to collect the computerised and hand written appointment card.

'Tis me

Comment

Impressed that foreigners are being treated similarly to Thais in Hua Hin, it isn't the same here unfortunately, looking like October the earliest for me.

As for the many foreigners in one place makes me think of immigration at Jomtiem. Queueing for an hour or more (no social distancing) in a line to do a visa or 90 day report. Time they did away with the 90 day report and proving your funds after three months on retirement. Have to do both in June and can't do them together due to time scale. Will try 90 days on line but never been successful before.

Comment

Time they did away with the 90 day report and proving your funds after three months on retirement.
                  Agree about 90 days report. But here it is easy, as immigration have a shop in one of the Malls that deals with 90 day reports, visa extensions for tourists and the like.

No requirement here to prove funding at 90 day reports.

'Tis me

Comment

Don't have to prove funding at 90 day report, have to do it 3 months after visa renewal which falls at the end of the month, 90 day report the 10th, if it was the other way around I could make it in one visit.

Looks like immigration and vaccination are a lot better organised in Hua Hin than round here.

They want to vaccinate 70% here too in Chonburi, but that would be over 1,000,000 I reckon. I heard they were looking at receiving around 100,000 vaccines at best (some say 50,000) in June (this month now) doesn't look feasible.

Comment

Everyday brings reports of hospitals closing their vaccine lists amidst shortages and ongoing and not denied reports of delays at the one plant producing AZ. It's all going belly-up!
                      'Tis me

Comment

Well, that didn't take long. Vaccine cancelled for almost everyone in Hua Hin today. They were due to start the vaccination programme on the 7th June, mine was due a month later. They were expecting 1000's of doses of the vaccine to be delivered. They got enough for precisely 930 shots. Enough for the first day's inoculations only. We have all been told to keep an eye on their face book page for updates and we don't need to re-register (source - the local expat forum and fb).

The good news is that AZ in Thailand now seem to be ready to roll out the vaccine this month.
                        'Tis me

Comment

According to the Bangkok Post, the new App for COVID -19 vaccination appointments for foreigners living in TH is up and running (or was)
                          https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...for-foreigners
                          bangkok mags

Comment

I will give this a go Caller see what happens.

Wife has had her vaccination appointment cancelled. She's not happy.

Comment

Wife has had her vaccination appointment cancelled. She's not happy.
                              My other half had her first shot on Sunday (AZ). No prior notice, she was called to her place of work for the jab.
                              'Tis me

Comment

My sister in law in Pattaya was vaccinated yesterday .
                                Mrs came out of quarantine (14 days) also yesterday in Surin.
                                bangkok mags

Comment

Working...
                                X