Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Care out there especially your elders

Guys & Girls

Please reiterate to your family's in Thailand how important it is to follow the Guidelines especially the elderly.

My wife has lost both Mother & Father this weekend, just 65 years old but had undiagnosed Health Issues (Diabetes it seems, it's no wonder when their Diet is White Rice and Kanom).

It seems the my Mother in Law let her guard down just once and paid the Ultimate price not just for her but her Husband also and the rest of the family are still in Hospital isolating and stable.

Please, I don't want any of you to go what we're going through currently.

Our condolences to you and family

You raise a very good point. We have been stressing the importance of taking all precautions to our families here in the UK and Thailand. We have also said that if anything does happen to them there that we would not be able to come to their assistance or fly across and explained the reasons why, I think that helped with how serious this virus issue is.

We had a conference call with work yesterday over the problems in India, as so many colleagues are of South Asian heritage, it became quite clear that many in India were still not as clued up on the situation and were still going ahead with weddings etc involving many people meeting up from many different regions. It's only through the message coming from colleagues here that some are now getting really clued up and are starting to change habits/customs which could be really disastrous for them. A case of spreading the message rather than spreading the virus...

Comment

Originally posted by prikphet View Post
      Guys & Girls

Please reiterate to your family's in Thailand how important it is to follow the Guidelines especially the elderly.

My wife has lost both Mother & Father this weekend, just 65 years old but had undiagnosed Health Issues (Diabetes it seems, it's no wonder when their Diet is White Rice and Kanom).

It seems the my Mother in Law let her guard down just once and paid the Ultimate price not just for her but her Husband also and the rest of the family are still in Hospital isolating and stable.

Condolences, very sad for us to read (FB) and 65 is no age at all.
      I bought my MIL and a SIL COVID insurance, not that that would help much if the worst were to happen. Last year after lockdown my SIL's (living at home) would nt let MIL / Mrs meet each other for 14 days after she went back to Surin from BKK.
      Hopefully the rest of your wife's family will be OK.
      bangkok mags

Comment

Condolences also

Comment

Sorry for your and your wife's loss.

I shared this sad news and your wise words of advice with Nok who tells me that her mum (also diabetic) and her sister in Korat have been sheltering at home and trying their best to keep safe.
          "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Sorry for your loss
            Hope the rest of the family gets well soon
            I too shared it with Ohm as her mum is diabetic.
            Back at it

Comment

Guys & Girls

So sorry to hear this bad news, Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. It can only emphasise how everybody has to be so careful which I shall pass onto my wife and her family in Bangkok. My condolences to you and your wife and your family.

Comment

Covid is far from beaten I have colleagues in India and one had his mother die earlier today. The only positive is that the vaccines are highly effective for the most part and the distribution worldwide will be very much more complete in the next few years.
                That is if the scaremongering fools stop the disinformation so far the vaccines stop 99.999% of deaths not 100% sadly.

Prikphet sorry for you families loss
                Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Oh Dear , that will be tough for your wife. My thoughts are with you. It is some years now that my wife father died ( I liked him ) Health and health services in my opinion anywhere outside the big major city private hospitals suck. Agree the virus has not gone away. Richard
                  It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Not that it matters, but this was Bangkok - my understanding is that Beds are filling up fast.

Comment

Not that it matters, but this was Bangkok - my understanding is that Beds are filling up fast.
                      The military have been building field hospitals around BKK to increase extra capacity, private hospitals at one point stopped testing, as positive test results meant they needed to take the positive person as a patient, and they are not geared up or have the capacity to take COVID positive persons.
                      Someone in our building tested positive and was taken away by authorities, they worked at BITEC(exhibition centre) which is not far away, a list of their timeline was published and placed in each lift and building, and also sent out to our complex's App (on mobile phones) IE what time they were in the local 7/11 etc.The policy ATM here is, a person testing positive cannot recover / isolate at home, a double edge sword as people dont want to test in case they are positive, they dont want to recover in a field hospital.

bangkok mags

Comment

Working...
                      X