X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung
    replied
    Originally posted by Max headroom View Post
    Didn,t the virus flatten right off in the summer only to come back with a vengeance once schools reopened? Whats more important getting rid of a pandemic or worrying about a few missed months of missed education?
    ​​​​​​
    or the influx of half a million students from abroad in august what was the biggest fallout in china v Aussie foreign Chinese students education lack off no education no espionage no future ,

Leave a comment:

• Samsung
    replied
    For us to be were we are now it was never controlled and allowed to progress from last march not stopping flights ,letting ryan air fly ,importing foreign fruit pickers under the guise as skilled workers ,bringing in half a million foreign students in august and then letting kids go school neglecting the north then neglecting London putting all your eggs in one basket may be we should get Boris a basket and put 12 eggs in and then ask him ride 7 miles while singing happy birthday and pumping his fist .It has never been under control just masked hid and moved around the country .But by heck we need to get back were we was ie dentist doctors but what the heck if you play football or have money then nothing has changed .
    PS some of my recent post have been mixed up in the wrong threads ???

Leave a comment:

• Samsung
    replied
    What benefits there is only 3 country's making money Germany UK and France.
    That's a massive trading block now i can see you thinking Poland no they have been receivers of money from the 3 above serious there is no others they are all exploited country's .

Leave a comment:

• KhunIanB-UK
    replied
    I have never been so offended by a post than I am by this. So it is non-Conservative voters to blame for this - you absolute moron !!!
    I am sorry if you are offended by my post, however I did not directly say "it is non-Conservative voters to blame for this", I can see how things can be taken so out of context :-) Looking at my post again, I should have added "Some...". This is the reason why, which is later in my post, but you might have missed this if offense was already taken... "I think there is a certain element that want the Government to fail in their control of the virus for a political point, they are not upholding the law as they should (though more does need to be done in this area to make their lives easier). It's a real bite off your nose to spite your face scenario! " If you still consider me a moron then so be it, but I didn't mean to cause you offence.

Leave a comment:

• Samsung
    replied
    Now this is a bit of a mixture of a post ,,can not travel back in time due to breaking the laptop and having to buy the wife a new one .I must say this Huawei d 14 512 gig is some kit wafer thin and speed of a euro fighter at mach 1 ..
    cost a few pennies keeps her happy thore well worth it now i get my old one fixed in the meantime .
    Anyway back to what has naffed me off and made me feel like is all this true .
    It was a report by the BBC headline regarding Italy on new years eve and there police .
    Now i can not be bothered to find the article but to post something on the lines Italian police clamp down new years eve then have a picture of a police officer in full riot gear with a semi automatic machine gun is poor reporting in fact the reporter should be sacked what a horrible report disgusting not the words the picture told a thousand words .I have tried to find but can not .
    The problem we now have is we can not do anything only turn the TV on and get our news from there or social media .which in fact are the both same evil someone reporting .
    Now there is a lot of things going on in the world at the moment to much to be honest it does not make good reading and as i have said a few years ago points to a conflict of some kind and it seems like this is becoming more and more likely .only my view .but by heck there is something a miss .only my thoughts but the reporter for the bbc regarding the italians needs to go bad picture whats he going do shoot the virus or his country men .

Leave a comment:

• 9851colle
    replied
    Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
    Maybe they should make blue and red masks.
    They already do, I’ll send you some!!

Leave a comment:

• -Keith-
    replied
    Maybe they should make blue and red masks.

Leave a comment:

• N Barton
    replied
    Originally posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    Some of the problems I have noticed are those that when they went through schooling, just wanted to disrupt classes and do their own thing have carried this on into later life. Then their are the non-Conservative voters (and also complete areas) that look on this as being ruled over by the Conservatives and so you get a lot of anti-Government and politics driven ideas to complain about the situation, or even worse deliberately not follow the guidelines, as they are guidelines put down by the "enemy" (good to see Sir Keir Starmer backing guidelines on the News tonight). In our area it's even the Police that are very lax with the rules and regulations. Due to particular dealings that I have had with the Police (and I am working closely with them) I think there is a certain element that want the Government to fail in their control of the virus for a political point, they are not upholding the law as they should (though more does need to be done in this area to make their lives easier). It's a real bite off your nose to spite your face scenario! Then there is those that just outright think that they don't need to follow any advice or they will not be affected by it, from my experiences here in Coventry there is a higher percentage of the BAME and Eastern European community that fall into this category and I hope that they eventually start to see sense and improvements are made. I will just add that I have a black sister-in-law, a Romany Brother-in-Law, an Asian Wife and a mix of nieces and nephews, that are all being incredibly sensible over the virus, but locally in Coventry there is a Qaran Cafe and the locals that frequent there, very much BAME, just seem to be oblivious of any regulations and it's really sad to see. Then there is my daughter's friend who's family is from Croatia and not long ago went down to London for the weekend, I had to tell them that they should not do that and threaten that if they did not self isolate on their return that I would report them. I now do online shopping and stay at home, but even tonight when the Tesco delivery driver arrived he was not wearing a mask and I had to point out to him the reason why I was wearing one and he should too. The last time I went to Lidl for shopping I was disgusted by an Eastern European that was not only not wearing a mask, but started leaning across people with complete ignorance of any social distancing, this was the point where I changed to online shopping rather than playing avoid the idiots everytime going shopping. A lot more needs to be done by individuals if life is in anyway going to return to normal, vaccination of no vaccination, and from my experiences it's definitely fighting a losing battle
    I have never been so offended by a post than I am by this. So it is non-Conservative voters to blame for this - you absolute moron !!!

Leave a comment:

• Tom & Nok
    replied
    A research paper from the University of Warwick suggests that the Government's "Eat out to help out" campaign in August 2020 caused a direct increase in new covid-19 infections. The rise in new infections was particularly high in areas where there was high participation in the campaign. New infections declined a week after the campaign ended: "eat out to spread it about".

See here: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/econom...esearch_finds/

and here: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/econom...p.517.2020.pdf
    Last edited by Tom & Nok; 13 Jan 2021, 07:51. Reason: adding web link

Leave a comment:

• Max headroom
    replied
    Didn,t the virus flatten right off in the summer only to come back with a vengeance once schools reopened? Whats more important getting rid of a pandemic or worrying about a few missed months of missed education?
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• 9851colle
    replied
    I’m glad that supermarkets are tightening their enforcement of mask 😷 wearing. IMHO it is almost certain that supermarkets are a vector in this pandemic.

I believe if your medical condition stops you from wearing a face covering then you really shouldn’t be out.

Mick..

Leave a comment:

• KhunIanB-UK
    replied
    Some of the problems I have noticed are those that when they went through schooling, just wanted to disrupt classes and do their own thing have carried this on into later life. Then their are the non-Conservative voters (and also complete areas) that look on this as being ruled over by the Conservatives and so you get a lot of anti-Government and politics driven ideas to complain about the situation, or even worse deliberately not follow the guidelines, as they are guidelines put down by the "enemy" (good to see Sir Keir Starmer backing guidelines on the News tonight). In our area it's even the Police that are very lax with the rules and regulations. Due to particular dealings that I have had with the Police (and I am working closely with them) I think there is a certain element that want the Government to fail in their control of the virus for a political point, they are not upholding the law as they should (though more does need to be done in this area to make their lives easier). It's a real bite off your nose to spite your face scenario! Then there is those that just outright think that they don't need to follow any advice or they will not be affected by it, from my experiences here in Coventry there is a higher percentage of the BAME and Eastern European community that fall into this category and I hope that they eventually start to see sense and improvements are made. I will just add that I have a black sister-in-law, a Romany Brother-in-Law, an Asian Wife and a mix of nieces and nephews, that are all being incredibly sensible over the virus, but locally in Coventry there is a Qaran Cafe and the locals that frequent there, very much BAME, just seem to be oblivious of any regulations and it's really sad to see. Then there is my daughter's friend who's family is from Croatia and not long ago went down to London for the weekend, I had to tell them that they should not do that and threaten that if they did not self isolate on their return that I would report them. I now do online shopping and stay at home, but even tonight when the Tesco delivery driver arrived he was not wearing a mask and I had to point out to him the reason why I was wearing one and he should too. The last time I went to Lidl for shopping I was disgusted by an Eastern European that was not only not wearing a mask, but started leaning across people with complete ignorance of any social distancing, this was the point where I changed to online shopping rather than playing avoid the idiots everytime going shopping. A lot more needs to be done by individuals if life is in anyway going to return to normal, vaccination of no vaccination, and from my experiences it's definitely fighting a losing battle

Leave a comment:

• Greg / Pairin
    replied
    On the 17th December, there was a lot of disgruntled people in my area. The government had announced we were to stay in tier 2, yet there was a considerable amount of locals saying the data and evidence justified us going to tier 1.

Covid: Anger over 'lowest' rate Copeland in tier two - BBC News

In our last virtual parish council meeting at the beginning of December, we were joined by a couple of the town councillors. They told me they are still doing free advertising in the local papers, promoting, shop local and there would be free parking till the 3rd Jan. I said, be careful what you wish for.

Where I live, the population of the parish in 2019 was 566 with 204 of those being in the 65+ age group, Research by the Resolution Foundation showed Copeland was one of three area's where the population was ageing twice as fast as the rest of the UK. From my observation, all age groups are just as bad as one another for the spread of the virus in our area, which is now a hot spot.

I don't know what the answer is, but when I went to the supermarket on Saturday and seen people still putting trolleys back which was now out into the middle of the road, then none of us should be allowed out.

Leave a comment:

• nickj1000
    replied
    Originally posted by James HKT View Post
    I am slowly coming round to the opinion that the vulnerable should remain secured safely behind closed doors and those at low risk should be able to resume life as usual.
    That is effectively what they did before Christmas allowing the mask less shoppers hit the streets in their droves, primarily younger people with no fear. In my neighbourhood people wee afraid to go to town because of the shoppers shoulder to shoulder until late. It has been no surprise of the massive increased infections to any of us regardless of the story of the more virulent strain which fir some reason has only hit the UK badly despite already being in other European countries. Economy over life for sure. Boris may well have got his original plan of herd immunity working by stealth. And still they carry on with the spin and many believe their motives. So think your right James, lock up the old and frail and let the young ones out, we have pretty well done that anyway now
    Last edited by Tom & Nok; 11 Jan 2021, 10:31. Reason: Deleted redundant/unnecessary text of quote from the immediately preceding post.

Leave a comment:

• James HKT
    replied
    I got my UK staff to check this, but it seems as estate agents we are permitted to engage in all activities as if there were no lockdown in place. My UK firm is based in London and we are able to conduct viewings as normal, i.e. taking strangers into houses that are occupied by people who have never met them. Although I am pleased at the opportunity to make money, it does all seem a bit crazy to me !.
    I am slowly coming round to the opinion that the vulnerable should remain secured safely behind closed doors and those at low risk should be able to resume life as usual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X