Donald forgot to duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baz M View Post
    Exactly the point I was making in an earlier post. If these people are being so relaxed about it and then add to that the fact that Sweden are taking a different stance to the virus, then you have to ask, what do they know.
    I think that it's more likely to be a case of what they don't know. Relatively few political leaders appear to have a background in or understanding of science. Scientific illiteracy is rampant in the US leadership as well as in the UK government, and it shows!
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

I suspect Donald was misdiagnosed or maybe he really is reptilian.
      Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

How does the song go, "Anything you can do I can do better Boris.......

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
          I suspect Donald was misdiagnosed or maybe he really is reptilian.
          Or, perhaps ‘politically’ diagnosed? It could be a political ruse, yet another stunt by the Clown-in-Cheif to try and win the election? With this current White House it’s impossible to work out what is true and what isn’t. A very sad (and worrying) indictment of the US political situation today.
          Tobias - โทเบียส
          It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Watch Spitting Image a wonderful Donald performance

Comment

OMG Just watched Trump arriving back in White House. Or should I say the Donald show. Having suffering for only 2 days he now feels better than he did 20 years ago. Still contagious walking around talking to people, telling the US people not to be afraid of the virus, the flu is worse. If you wondered where fake news comes from you can see it here.

Comment

There's a rather depressing piece in Nature (7th October 2020) with the title "How Trump damaged science - and why it could decades to recover".

The following paragraph captures the concern that Trump is more concerned with controlling the message rather than the virus:

"Trump’s actions — and those of his staff and supporters — should come as no surprise. Over the past eight months, the president of the United States has lied about the dangers posed by the coronavirus and undermined efforts to contain it; he even admitted in an interview to purposefully misrepresenting the viral threat early in the pandemic. Trump has belittled masks and social-distancing requirements while encouraging people to protest against lockdown rules aimed at stopping disease transmission. His administration has undermined, suppressed and censored government scientists working to study the virus and reduce its harm. And his appointees have made political tools out of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ordering the agencies to put out inaccurate information, issue ill-advised health guidance, and tout unproven and potentially harmful treatments for COVID-19."
                "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

The Donald bashing is rife and alive on this thread
                  Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

I'm not a great fan BUT it's worth taking a look at this.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adm...complishments/

Meanwhile we can't even stop Rubber Dinghy's in a Pandemic situation ?!

Comment

That White House list of Trump Administration Accomplishments, which is dated September 2018, surely lies in tatters some two years later.

Here are some more recent Trump administration accomplishments which were published on the 8th of October in the New England Journal of Medicine:

"According to the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering,1 the United States leads the world in Covid-19 cases and in deaths due to the disease, far exceeding the numbers in much larger countries, such as China. The death rate in this country is more than double that of Canada, exceeds that of Japan, a country with a vulnerable and elderly population, by a factor of almost 50, and even dwarfs the rates in lower-middle-income countries, such as Vietnam, by a factor of almost 2000. Covid-19 is an overwhelming challenge, and many factors contribute to its severity. But the one we can control is how we behave. And in the United States we have consistently behaved poorly."

"Our current leaders have undercut trust in science and in government,4 causing damage that will certainly outlast them. Instead of relying on expertise, the administration has turned to uninformed “opinion leaders” and charlatans who obscure the truth and facilitate the promulgation of outright lies."

Like it or not, these are more likely to be Trump's lasting legacies.

Comment

Working...
                      X